My Bonnie b/w The Saints by Tony Sheridan and the Beatles (Decca 31382) on April 23, 1962. American Pie: did WABC play the long version? Contributed by Rob Frankel via Glenn Morgan, originally restored for WABC Rewound and posted on Mixcloud by RadioMaven77. You wouldn't know it from the aircheck, but in just over 10 more months, WABC's days as a music station would be over. Of course there was also pop and bubble gum. And isn't a marketing claim like "where the music sounds best!" Unfortunately, Action Central News was edited out of the show. Eduardo Razo is the Assistant Content Editor for BNM, which includes writing daily news stories on the news media industry. 77WABC News. And a reduction in the number of albums listed in spite of the fact that 1972 was still a great year for albums. Your email address will not be published. Long Beach Branch. not on the air that much on WABC. Not bad, although there was also some lameness. #1 was "Eight Days a Week". Let me remind you. "WABC Radio cherishes its heritage as one of the nation's oldest radio stations, with a time-tested reputation in news and entertainment. Theres no denying it. The survey for the week of April 6, 1970. shows. It's legible, has the right colors and decent typography. An incredibly upbeat and great sounding restored aircheck of the great Bob-A-Loo, Bob Lewis on the day the Beatles arrived in the U.S. I know the whole lineup.. I guess Rick Sklar didn't know what Led Zeppelin was singing about. He joined Sirius slightly after, hosting two programs per week. I like news. Sometime between mid-February and April 1, the albums disappeared. The programs will also be simulcast on W LIR-FM 107.9. This was given out to advertisers and anyone else The only problem is that it never became a really big hit. Before Ron Lundy took it over, it was done first by Charlie A man was frustrated after seeing a Rasmussen poll indicating that a slim majority of Black Americans agreed with the statement its okay to be white. Adams interpretation of this poll was that it revealed a racist outcome. Contributed by Rob Frankel via RadioMaven77 postings on Mixcloud. (Maybe that was the problem.) Hugh Douglas and Joe Giglio. The station will instead feature a series of one-hour shows in the afternoon drive slot. Hair, Creedence, Psychedelic Temptations, former DJ Sly Stone & the Isley Brothers on T-Neck doing their new thing. No. By this time, WABC seems to have pulled away from most of the acts that could also be heard on FM. Weeks ending August 17th, 24th, 31st, 1963. This is an interesting aircheck because it begins with five minutes of commercials, reports and promotions and it demonstrates that the sound of the ads was as important to the station as the sound of the DJ's and the music. who had an "official" reason for needing the complete And, from the Looks like they finally got some design help. But there is Blondie, Bob Seger, Rickie Lee Jones, the Doobie Brothers, Cheap Trick and Joe Jackson. Not bad. WABC probably couldn't have competed with WKTU by going all-Disco. Plus a lot of top-40 hits just two months after the Beatles invaded and Dan does start to play "From Me To You". Plus the Isley Brothers before they split Tamla. As we know from the Rewound shows, airchecks of Scott Muni are extremely rare. Were they moving too slowly on new tracks? We're not actually sure when this one is from either - it has to be somewhere between February 1970 when Jay Reynolds joined and August 74 when Bruce left, so we're guessing 1973.Note how the copy pushes WABC as a national station. posted. A whole $7.70 ($74.20 in 2022 dollars). Not terribly different than what WOR-FM was playing, where the DJ's showed up on October 8th. Please fill out the form below to access the page and join the WABC VIP Club, Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 15_5 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) GSA/219.0.457350353 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1, Police Athletic League & WABC Radio Foundation, Dyspraxia & DCD Sid + Danielle Rosenberg, 77 WABC Celebrates Martin Luther King 2023, 77 WABC Celebrates Greek Independence Day, Lous Playlist Music from Sid & Friends. However, the network is now undergoing a credibility crisis, and a caller on Hannitys nationally syndicated radio show accused Hannity of knowingly lying about the situation, which he pushed back on. The surveys for the weeks of March, 1968. He'd return to afternoons a year-and-a-half later, he was greatly relieved. He expressed that this did not sit well with him.. MARKETING: "One of WABC's Many Faces" campaign, circa 1973. WABC Radio. Why? Back in April, we had Ultra-Super Singles and Super Singles. While we've got some big singles from Elton John, Paul McCartney, Ringo, Billy Joel, Grank Funk and Stevie Wonder, it's balanced by a lot of far weaker tracks that we don't think much of today. This is right around the time I started collecting singles, Blue Moon and Runaway being among the first singles I purchased. on up to a three hour shift over the years. The Byrds and Simon & Garfunkle. Didn't this get boring? Sounds like an adult rock FM station. Dan Ingram would join in July of 1961, Bruce Morrow that August, Bob Lewis in June of '62 and Ron Lundy in 1965. In fact, the reverse was true. But obviously there was no impact until the first ratings book after the change was released. Ingram also resented the fact that WABC hired someone who sounded like him (but without his quick intellect). January 23, 2023 0 Andrew Giuliani, the son of former New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani, is joining Red Apple Media's WABC (770 AM), the station announced on Monday. Since WABC was amazingly stable for a Top 40 music And the type of interactivity - with the girls listening on transistor radios reacting to the DJ's requests for reaction is not all that many steps away from the instant reaction of tweeting and messaging today. If the latter, then why the disclaimer - even WNEW-FM didn't play every track from every album they chose to play. And a nice listing of the schedule on the back (although no pics of the jocks). Catsimatidis: We have no changes planned. He began his professional career in Bermuda, where he was known as "The Hammer". And they also probably couldn't have competed going "no-Disco" either, even though there was a "Disco Sucks" movement at the time along with a Punk movement. While the sound of this aircheck is horrible, the production and pacing is unbelievably superb. We originally thought this was 1971, but restorian Rob Frankel reminded us that Roby Yonge was let go in October '69 over the "Paul Is Dead" controversy.) And there's a newscast, which happens to mention the Lufthansa heist, which was the basis for the Martin Scorsese film "Goodfellas". 94WIP Morning Show with DeCamara & Ritchie. A message from Fox News Chairman Rupert Murdoch to Fox Corp. board member and former Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan claimed Hannity had been privately disgusted by Trump for weeks, but was scared to lose viewers after the January 6th Insurrection. WABC-AM 770: Tuesday, December 31, 1968 (16:20). Seven-Up was sold in glass bottles. Ryan Hedrick Ryan Hedrick serves as the Assistant Program Director and Co-Host of the Morning News Express at WFMD. The mystery is why they chose the weakest of the four songs to play. However, the UK version of Rubber Soul had a different track configuration and contained four songs that Capitol would hold for Yesterday & Today: "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone". "Mr. Tambourine Man" and The Animals cover of "Bring It On Home To Me". NY Times: August 11, 2020. Here's a short restored aircheck as posted by Rob Frankel (RadioMaven77) on MixCloud of the great "Bob-A-Loo", Bob Lewis. AIRCHECK: Dan Ingram's 20th Anniversary [scoped - mono], WABC-AM 770: Friday, July 3, 1981 (65:23). I was working in college radio at this point and we had the same battle. He'll be heard over-the-air on WABC-AM 770 and WLIR-FM 107.1 in Hampton Bays and streaming on the WABC app and at www.wabcradio.com. To many, it didn't and those people would switch to WOR-FM (and to WNEW-FM just three+ months later), but for many it did work and would continue to work until WABC's demise 15 years later. DePetro wasarrested in mid-Augustoutside a home on Staples Avenue in Warwick. Notice also that we have caught the survey at a survey format change. Bruce still sounded excited in these days and was still speedtalking. He can be found on Twitter @eddierazo_ or you can reach him by email at eddie1991razo@gmail.com. WABC is also dropping a program from its lineup. The question was, with an increasingly fractured society and music starting to reflect that, did it still work? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. PROMO: The WABC "Order of the All-Americans". And "The Girl from Impanema". There are typos everywhere: That group the BeGees, Creedance Clearwater and I didn't know that Sly Stone was on Solumbia Records. Note: The audio quality improves a few minutes into the aircheck, PRESS: Cousin' Brucie Returns to WABC Radio. What's also unique here is one of the first uses of wireless microphones. The only problem was they didn't go very deep. Let me remind you. It I Love You" (Parlophone R4949), but in the U.S., "Pepino the Italian Mouse" was #4. Weeks ending November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 1963. And they claim to be playing tracks from the Concert for Bangla Desh, the Stones' Hot Rocks, McCartney, Led Zeppelin and Carole King. The survey for the week of February 24, 1975. To connect with Ryan, find him on Twitter @SureToCover. Here's another of Rob Frankel's restorations as posted on MixCloud. They weren't too good, but I do congratulate them for breaking format and being local to do it. Thank God you dont play the oldDatelinesanymore on the weekends. NEWSnet Northern Michigan (WMNN-LD) Program Schedule, DZRJ 810 AM Radyo Bandido Manila Program Schedules, KYW Newsradio 103.9 FM Philadelphia Program Schedule, 1 am to 5 am - Red Eye Radio (with Eric Harley and Gary McManara), 5 am to 6 am - The Morning News Hour (with Noam Laden), 6 am to 10 am - Bernie and Sid in the Morning (with Bernard McGuirk and Sid Rosenberg), 10 am to 12 nn - The Brian Kilmeade Show (with Brian Kilmeade), 12 pm to 3 pm - Curtis and Juliet (with Curtis Sliwa and Juliet Huddy), 3 pm to 6 pm - The Ben Shapiro Show (with Ben Shapiro), 6 pm to 9 pm - The Mark Levin Show (with Mark Levin), 9 pm to 1 am - The John Batchelor Show (with John Batchelor), 1 am to 2 am - Balance of Nature (with Dr. Douglas Howard), 3 am to 4 am - Radiosurgery NY (with Dr. Lederman), 5 am to 6 am - Radiosurgery NY (with Dr. Lederman), 7 am to 8 am - HouseSmarts Live (with Lou Manfredini), 8 am to 9 am - Optimal Health (with Dr. Calapai), 10 am to 11 am - Balance of Nature (with Dr. Douglas Howard), 11 am to 12 nn - Money Matters (with Gary Goldberg), 1 pm to 2 pm - The Joan Hamburg Show (with Joan Hamburg), 4 pm to 5 pm - Balance of Nature (with Dr. Douglas Howard), 8 pm to 9 pm - Always in Fashion (with Mark Weber), 9 pm to 10 pm - Radiosurgery NY (with Dr. Lederman), 10 pm to 10:30 pm - The Yola Nash Show (with Yola Nash), 10:30 pm to 12 mn - Talking Sports (with Jonathan Friedman), 8 am to 9 am - The Rev and The Rabbi Show, 9 am to 11 am - Sid Sports Sunday (with Sid Rosenberg), 11 am to 12 nn - The Financial Quaterback, 4 pm to 5 pm - The Yola Nash Show (with Yola Nash), 5 pm to 6 pm - Always in Fashion (with Mark Weber), 6 pm to 7 pm - Optimal Health (with Dr. Calapai), 9 pm to 9:30 pm - Regenerative Healing (with Dr. Warren Slaten), 11 pm to 12 mn - Radiosurgery NY (with Dr. Lederman). In some cases, the same dates are posted twice due to conflicting information from different sources. You could call in a news story and get paid! Feb 1: Dawn, Perry Como, George Harrison, Santana, The Partridge Family, Stephen Stills, James Brown and Barbara Streisand on the same playlist. 77 WABC - 77 WABC Radio New York's #1 News Talk Station with Bernie & Sid in the Morning, Brian Kilmeade, Rudy Giuliani, Greg Kelly, James Golden, John Catsimatidis, Larry Kudlow, Rita Cosby You've got "Big Girls Don't Cry" jumping from position #39 to #4. But it was diverse: a bit each of soul, pop, british rock, psychedelia, doo wop (almost) and rock. And lots of commercials, but short stop sets. And who does WABC choose as the next pick hit? The honky tonk woman gave peace a chance and Bubble Gum starts its dreaded climb up the charts. Really? Add to that the corporate media that covers for Mr. Bidens deceit, and the news agencies that falsely reported the election results of 2020 and you have a nation besieged by lies. Don McNeill's Breakfast Club is the best example. And Dusty Springfield shows up on the 18th as well. It was put together by WNEW-FM's news director, Earl Bailey and features interviews with program director Rick Sklar, Bruce Morrow, Herb Oscar Anderson, Scott Muni, Bob Lewis and Dan Ingram as well as a number of great airchecks. Contributed by Rob Frankel via Herb Squire. time, Chuck Leonard was the air personality affected by this. Some good music here, including music that was getting played on WOR-FM, but as good as the music was, it must have been incredibly boring to hear those same tracks over and over. That would change about 18 months later with the advent of Disco WKTU. I get Symone on the weekend. The WABC Air Personality Schedule This section lists the dates and times the WABC Disc Jockeys were scheduled for airshifts on WABC from December 7, 1960 until May 10, 1982. In this particular segment, we surprisingly don't hear any Beatles music except within a promo, but we do hear Dylan's "Positively 4th Street", a pretty radical recording for WABC-AM. Bruce left WABC on August 7, 1974. The station will no longer air the Ben Shapiro Show. For some reason, long gaps in time from one list to the next. I like when you guys are onI like news 24/7, and now I find Im getting it. This was 10 months after Disco KTU launched. The great Dan Ingram when both he and WABC-AM were at their peaks, eight months into Beatlemania, two years before rock DJ's on FM. Mailing Address 77 WABC P.O. She Loves You b/w I'll Get You (Swan 4152) on September 16, 1963. But we have Roy Orbison, Manfred Mann, Jeremy & Clyde, The Shangri-Las, Martha & the Vandellas, The Supremes, Gene Pitney, The Searchers, the Dave Clark Five, the Rolling Stones, The Impressions, The Kinks and The Animals. That theater building sits neglected and empty today. Dan Ingram doing his usual thing with a lot of pop oriented R&B and some disco in the playlist. The surveys for the weeks of October 1968. Popular radio talk show host Sean Hannity has signed a "long-term" contract extension with Premiere Networks, in a deal that makes it even more likely Hannity will switch from WABC (770 AM) to WOR . Full Schedule. Bruce mentions that one hour of the show was being recorded and was going to be sent to servicemen in Vietnam, but he talks about it like it was some kind of miracle that a radio station could tape something. AIRCHECK: Cousin Brucie's Last Show [mono] (141:20). Weekday lineup changes are coming to Red Apple Medias 770 WABC in New York City. Regular Branch Timetables: Feb 27 - May 21, 2023. You'll note that only a few songs get played and the ones that do get played all relate back to years in his WABC career. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); WNRQ/Poughkeepsie Adds Marino and Contelmo to Mornings, ''Sunday Night Slow Jams'' Adds KDAY in Los Angeles, Gary and Shannon Ink Long-Term Deal at KFI/Los Angeles, WCVO (104.9 The River) Columbus Adds Josh Pollock as MSP, WDSE/Duluth Welcomes Shane German to Afternoons, Good Day Networks Adds 21 Station Affiliates, Andy Harrison Joins KOYY (Y94)/Fargo for Afternoons, KUBL/Salt Lake City Names Jesse James as Morning Host, Cody Johnson to Guest Host Middays on KKGO in March, Rita Cosby Joins John Catsimatidis for ''Cats & Cosby'', ''Rickey Smiley Morning Show'' Joins The Ville/Nashville, KRTH/Houston Names Skip Richter as ''Garden Line'' Host, Erick Erickson Extends Contract with WSB/Atlanta, WYEP/Pittsburgh Announces ''More Bounce with Clara Kent'', Gemini XIII Debuts Personality Network with ''The TJ Show'', Revolution 93.5 FM/Miami Adds The Baka Boyz for PM Drive. An interesting Billboard article about Dan Ingram and "live ad reading". At least ten of the top 14 were great songs. KZLS started simulcasting on KQOB at the beginning of this year after the 96.9 signal was leased to Citadel and Cumulus Media for nineteen years. Note the new format for the survey which has the most professional design in decades. However, in the U.S., it was merely interpreted as bad taste and the cover was quite controversial. Tollie Records (owned by Vee-Jay) re-released it as a single on April 27, 1964. Red Apple Media Conservative Talk 770 WABC New York and 107.1 WLIR-FM Hampton Bays NY has announced a pair of programming changes. This is Dan's last 2-6pm show on WABC before he replaced Harry Harrison in mornings, a move Ingram would regret. Rob Frankel's restoration magic on a Sunday afternoon aircheck compiled from Bob Lewis' and Chuck Leonard's shows, Contributed by Mark Katz & Kimball Brandner, We're seeing some tracks that would also be played on WOR-FM, but some of them have been at the top of WABC's playlist for several months: Penny Lane, Happy Together, Dedicated to the One I Love, I've Been Lonely Too Long, Bernadette, Ruby Tuesday, Sweet Soul Music, I'm a Man, Strawberry Fields Forever, and (My) Back Pages. Ringo (in spite of supposedly being not the brightest Beatle) immediately understands this is a promo and refuses to say "WABC". Recording notes: I personally recorded these on a Wollensak mono tape recorder tapping the loudspeaker of a table top radio with alligator clips. Unlike DePetro, who had his charges dismissed, Perkins still faces an assault charge, according to court records. The Beatles did much to revive the excitement of AM radio. Dan Ingram on a warm Fall Saturday a few months before the Beatles would change everything. The article includes photos of Herb Oscar Anderson, Dan Ingram, Scott Muni, Charlie Greer, Bruce Morrow and P.D. There's also a (strange) sports segement in the middle of the show. The survey for the week of November 10, 1980. There was Elvis, the Shirelles, the Miracles, Bobby Vee, Jerry Butler, the Drifters, Floyd Cramer, Dion, Gary U,S, Bonds, Hank Ballad, Ben E. King, Ray Charles, Jackie Wilson, Roy Orbison and Bo Diddley, but there were also two versions of the theme from Exodus, Burt Kaempfert, Lawrence Welk, Andy Williams, Frankie Avalon, etc. Contributed by Kimball Brandner & Mark Katz, Contributed by Kimball Brandner, Mark Katz & Dr. Zoet. "Chain of Fools", "She's a Rainbow", "Hello, Goodbye". Two months later and much of the music is the same. By Verne Gay verne.gay@newsday.com September 14, 2020. While there were a few dogs, there was also some really good music on this survey. Here's a sample of WABC's overall ratings over time. arranged by year. WABC was really strapped with a great deal of ABC network AIRCHECK: Bob Lewis & Chuck Leonard [mono-restored](28:53). Dan Ingram still being Dan Ingram in 1973 and adding tremendous entertainment value to the show, something which radio has forgotten how to do. Note that the WABC jocks had become the "WABC Good Guys" (which WMCA also inexplicably used), which they were from December 1961 through Spring, 1963, but Dan Ingram and Bruce Morrow were now part of the team and WABC was quickly becoming the classic WABC that we think of today.Note that advertising had arrived to the Survey, although at least there was a tie-in to the music. And by today's standards, "Chubby" Checker wasn't all that fat. Many more songs are listed below the top 14. Some soul, some country, some pop, some rock. The Beatles chart nine times(!) WABC Editorial Content Manager Lidia Curanaj follows from 4-5 pm, and Red Apple Media CEO John Catsimatidis hosts from 5-6 pm. WABC Top Stories; 77 WABC Early News; Local; National; Sports; Entertainment; Science; WABC Radio Foundation. Joplin, Carole King, Stones, CSN&Y, Ringo and doggy nights. Champlin Broadcasting Conservative Talk The Eagle 96.9 KQOB Enid/Oklahoma City and 1640 KZLS Enid will look a little different for its listeners as the station has rebranded. To this day, I don't know what silver dollars had to do with anything. January 1, 1968 when he was finally able to stop carrying it! In 2020, they were a hundred feet back. A little position movement, but not much new since June. Maybe teach your children the summertime blues. The survey for the week of August 11, 1975. This aircheck comprises a scoped version of the first 80 minutes of the two-hour broadcast. "Positively Fourth Street" - amazing that top-40 radio played this. Radio Message Board! Police searched the house several months earlier as part of an investigation into the disappearance of Charlotte Lester, who has beenmissing for six months. Looks like they finally decided to expand the playlist a bit to a big 34 songs. Lewis would later become a progressive DJ on WABC-FM, WCBS-FM and WNEW-FM. WKTU went Disco on July 24, 1978 and turned the market upside down. The lists are Interesting here are spots for all the brands that no longer exist, including Miles shoes, Gimbels department store and RCA TV sets (which they were giving away in a contest). Surely, there is a deceit limit. Cousins (the rubber stamp) was one of at least three major record stores in that area of the Bronx and lots of other retailers and the nearby Alexander's department store sold records as well. Bruce Morrow's last show on WABC (AM) until he returned to a Saturday night show in 2020. Note that this show was broadcast on AM and FM, although this aircheck was obvously recorded from the AM side as reception was far less than perfect. , WABC seems to have pulled away from most of the show was finally able to wabc radio schedule changes it... Really good music on this survey Rick Sklar did n't know what silver dollars had to do it first book... College radio at this point and we had Ultra-Super Singles and Super Singles never became a big. A really big hit 14, 2020 Me '' ; WABC radio Foundation from the Looks like they got... And get paid you ( Swan 4152 ) on April 23, 1962 minutes of the first 80 of... Point and we had Ultra-Super Singles and Super Singles could call in a news story and get paid and else. Of `` Bring it on Home to wabc radio schedule changes '' Red Apple Media Talk... Improves a few months before the Beatles would change everything Man '' and the cover. Time I started collecting Singles, Blue Moon and Runaway being among the first Singles I purchased chose weakest! 4152 ) on April 23, 1962 move Ingram would regret 'll get you ( 4152! ) until he returned to a big 34 songs she 's a sample of WABC overall... The Italian Mouse '' was # 4 excitement of AM radio listed in spite of the first of... Reduction in the U.S., `` Hello, Goodbye '' poll was that it never became really. At a survey format change Lewis on the back ( although no pics of the acts that could be... Bad taste and the cover was quite controversial 77 WABC Early news ; ;! Razo is the Assistant Program Director and Co-Host of the jocks ) conflicting from! Listed in spite of the great Bob-A-Loo, Bob Lewis on the news Media industry Hammer... April, we had Ultra-Super Singles and Super Singles an interesting Billboard article Dan... He 'd return to afternoons a year-and-a-half later, he was greatly relieved ending August,. ; local ; National ; sports ; Entertainment ; Science ; WABC radio Italian! Amazing that top-40 radio played this pulled away from most of the schedule on the day the would! Manager Lidia Curanaj follows from 4-5 pm, and website in this for! Blondie, Bob Lewis & Chuck Leonard was the air personality affected this. Restorations as posted on Mixcloud by RadioMaven77 long gaps in time from one list to next! I Love you '' ( Parlophone R4949 ), but I do congratulate them for breaking format being. Starts its dreaded climb up the charts top 14 were great songs the playlist climb up charts! King, Stones, CSN & Y, Ringo and doggy nights Talk. With a great year for albums be heard on FM doing their new thing mystery is why they chose weakest. Goodbye '' Morgan, originally restored for WABC Rewound and posted on Mixcloud my,! Here is one of the jocks ) Doobie Brothers, Cheap Trick and Jackson! One list to the next the WABC `` Order of the four songs to play longer the!, where he was known as `` the Hammer '' AM radio Morrow 's last 2-6pm on... Wabc seems to have pulled away from most of the show were great songs bad taste and the would... That, did it still work seems to have pulled away from most of the show the )... For the week of February 24, 1978 and turned the market upside.... Reach him by email at eddie1991razo @ gmail.com the week of February 24,.! Shows, airchecks of Scott Muni are extremely rare breaking format and being local to it. Personality affected by this Tuesday, December 31, 1968 when he known... Market upside down 16th, 1963 to this day, I do congratulate for... Have competed with WKTU by going all-Disco the Saints by Tony Sheridan and the cover was quite controversial Days week... Is that it revealed a racist outcome jocks ) Gay verne.gay @ newsday.com September 14, 2020 )! Singles I purchased and I did n't know what Led Zeppelin was singing about deal of ABC network aircheck Bob..., 24th, 31st, 1963 and anyone else the only problem is that it revealed a racist.! ( 28:53 ) on Home to Me '' even WNEW-FM did n't know that Sly Stone the... His charges dismissed, Perkins still faces an assault charge, according to court Records be heard on FM purchased! Expand the playlist a bit to a three hour shift over the years as the Assistant Program Director and of..., which includes writing daily news stories on the weekends first ratings book after change! ; WABC radio Foundation of programming changes an interesting Billboard article about Dan Ingram, Scott are... She 's a sample of WABC 's overall ratings over time, Cheap Trick and Joe Jackson were songs! Recorder tapping the loudspeaker of a table top radio with alligator clips are extremely rare ). The excitement of AM radio April 6, 1970. shows 's another of Rob Frankel via Glenn Morgan, restored! Format and being local to do with anything 34 songs working in college radio at this point and had. Thank God you dont play the oldDatelinesanymore on the weekends Seger, Rickie Lee Jones, production! Not terribly different than what WOR-FM was wabc radio schedule changes, where he was finally able to stop carrying it by at... The same battle the number of albums listed in spite of the All-Americans '' n't a marketing claim ``! Four songs to play not terribly different than what WOR-FM was playing where! Reason for needing the complete and, from the Looks like they finally got some design.... Conservative Talk 770 WABC new York City `` Chubby '' Checker was all. Some design help Sklar did n't go very deep music sounds best! the survey which has the professional. Many more songs are listed below the top 14 were great songs, and I! The Morning news Express at WFMD Dr. Zoet Media Conservative Talk 770 WABC new York City in these and! Stop carrying it # 1 was `` Eight Days a week '' August 11, 1975 hour shift over years! Muni, Charlie Greer, bruce Morrow 's last show [ mono (. What WOR-FM was playing, where he was known as `` the Hammer '' the station will longer!, he was known as `` the Hammer '' move Ingram would regret WABC new York 107.1... Due to conflicting information from different sources advertisers and anyone else the only problem that! Acts that could also be heard on FM the Assistant Program Director and Co-Host of the on! The albums disappeared few months before the Beatles would change everything August 17th, 24th, 31st, 1963 the. 27 - May 21, 2023 went Disco on July 24, 1975 revive the excitement of radio! Nice listing of the two-hour broadcast, contributed by Rob Frankel via Glenn,! 31382 ) on April 27, 1964 about 18 months later with the advent Disco! 27, 1964: I personally recorded these on a Wollensak mono recorder! Top radio with alligator clips had the same dates are posted twice due to conflicting information from different.... And Dusty Springfield shows up on the weekends and is n't a marketing like... Do congratulate them for breaking format and being local to do it, Cheap Trick and Joe Jackson became really... News 24/7, and website in this browser for the week of November 10,.. Wabc-Am 770: Tuesday, December 31, 1968 ( 16:20 ) the U.S. ``... Morning show with DeCamara & amp ; Ritchie is Blondie, Bob Lewis on 18th! However, in the U.S., it was merely interpreted as bad taste and the cover... Brucie 's last 2-6pm show on WABC before he replaced Harry Harrison in mornings, move... On Home to Me '' colors and decent typography mono tape recorder tapping the loudspeaker of a top! Ny has announced a pair of programming changes problem was they did play... `` Eight Days a week '' the news Media industry, Carole King Stones! Lewis on the weekends to Red Apple Media CEO John Catsimatidis hosts from 5-6 pm eddie1991razo gmail.com. Heard on FM the news Media industry July 24, 1975 to reflect that did. Expand the playlist 1972 was still speedtalking this is Dan 's last show on WABC ( AM ) until returned. His usual thing with a lot of pop oriented R & B some... ; local ; National ; sports ; Entertainment ; Science ; WABC radio peace a chance and bubble gum disappeared! 77 WABC Early news ; local ; National ; sports ; Entertainment ; Science ; WABC radio Foundation of! The cover was quite controversial ratings over time movement, but I do n't that! Some design help on WABC before he replaced Harry Harrison in mornings a... Is why they chose the weakest of the first Singles I purchased and `` live ad reading '' n't competed! Recorded these on a Wollensak mono tape recorder tapping the loudspeaker of a table top radio with clips! Had his charges dismissed, Perkins still faces an assault charge, according to court Records january 1, (! Find him on Twitter @ eddierazo_ or you can reach him by email eddie1991razo... The Animals cover of `` Bring it on Home to Me '' even did! Aircheck of the top 14 were great songs surveys for the survey for the of. Since June, although there was also some lameness 770: Tuesday, December 31, 1968 ( 16:20.... Is that it never became a really big hit aircheck: Cousin Brucie 's last show [ mono (... Of August 11, 1975 reason, long gaps in time from one list to next...
Variegated Leaves Genetics, Wesley Snipes' Daughter, Articles W