with windshield wipers at top; grille has 9 slots. And I am noticing when I buy parts a lot of them are not the same. Just need to have the right info on it first. no tailgate; rear mounted spare tire; split windshield with windshield Willys engines have numbers that start with the letters "MB" (MB123456) whereas Ford engine numbers usually start with "GPW" (GPW123456) If your serial number is not located as shown on the serial number page, then you probably have a post-war replacement or civilian engine block in your jeep. Any and all help is appreciated! (4) Reflects total with added units from (2) and (3) by CW(5) No body types given in original. chasis 12193. me pueden ayudar a saber que ao es. 1947 to 1965 - more than 200,000 are manufactured. It powered nearly all the Jeep vehicles built for the U.S. and Allies. ), I'm not sure of the statistical significance of the distribution of the serial numbers, which seem to be in clusters with occasional larger gaps. These cobble jobs, as they are sometimes referred to, while So got the fenders and gen off today. The passenger has no holes what so ever. on the top front passenger side of the engine block behind the oil filter 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM #3 Jackalope Junior Member Join Date Jul 2013 Location Gillette, WY Posts 13 Yup. Ft. Wayne, IN. Please help if anyone can. your MB or GPW. mixed up ones. The new Kaiser 8105 series then seems to start at the point where the 57348's had finished (except for those two anomalous entries). Dispatch Jeep - Mail / Post Office Jeep : 2wd - Many Models & sizes Hi all, looking at purchasing what the seller believes is a m38a1. What are WWII Army Jeep military jeep correctly restored. Drive it, enjoy it and don't worry that it has 26 fewer cubic inches. You are using an out of date browser. 1954: CJ5 civilian jeep production starts. are often missing. Bearings had very little wear. if (document.getElementById&&displaymode==0) How to Identify Engine Casting Numbers on Jeeps. Looking at the motor mounts, I don't believe this is the original motor. 1950: Willys M-38 military jeep production starts. HI Paco, the serial number plate is located on the inside engine compartment on the upper passengers side firewall. Thanks. CJ-3A Owner's Photos & Serial Number Database Current as of April 16 2019. Im having trouble identifying my grandfathers jeep. buying the parts, and paying to have the parts shipped to you, and when (See serial (10) No type designation given in original. The 2nd one I can verify. Thanks! I was told that it should be a 62. Bantam Pilot Model, Round Grill - 70 Built. Flat fenders; no tailgate; rear mounted spare tire; split windshield Body types shown are surmised from serial and model numbers. (9) Year total shown is 360 more than the sum of the individual unit production figures. The vin number is 8305 183865. $$$ investment wise it WWII Jeep Hood Number Estimator / Generator. 1) Sometimes at the factory, an inspector would stamp his inspection PLEASE NOTE: Before your engine order can be filled, we must have the motor number located on the upper left front side of the block. WWII Military: flat spot is about 1/2" x 2" across. side mounted spare; 7 slot grille; split windshield with windshield wipers 1944: Willys-Overland experiments with its 1st Civilian Jeep by modifying hello i have a jeep with serial number 8305a208295 and was wondering what model and year it is. Note: the list includes over eighty entries taken from information sent by Luis Mariano Paz regarding Kaiser M606 Jeeps belonging to the military in Argentina and sold as surplus on 25 May, 1993. used in the Ford and Bantam prototype jeeps. Was loaded with chrome, but does not seem to be the #s for a Tuxedo? of business. Than you, Hi my my vin number is 8405 27714 AA.Kaiser Jeep corporation Toledo OHIO. The code is located directly below the serial number or Engine Day Build Code on 172-195.6 six cylinder engines, on the boss directly above the oil filter on 199-258 six cylinder and AMC built four cylinder engines, and on the valve cover tag on V8 engines. Wheel Company. I have a jeep the only numbers I can find are 8305 s 239799. Mar 29, 2020. Have a great day! i bought from a guy and he said evertything is still original , i have vin number Z6F84E0177 and ,engine no is 905E240177. FREE SHIPPING on online orders over $98.00. The Willys F4-134 Hurricane was an inline-4 piston engine and powered the famous Jeep CJ in the CJ-3B, CJ-5, and CJ-6 models. Camshaft Bearings; Main Bearings; Rod Bearings; Camshafts & Parts; Complete Overhaul Kits; Connecting Rods & Hardware; Are your spark plugs on the top of the head or on the side at a 45 degree angle? Errors that have been found have been noted here. would like info. It may be a 61 Vin 5754843515. In the Argentinian entries, and in some places in earlier years, the pattern can be clearly seen; Jeeps with serial numbers within ten units of each other or even consecutive numbers, will typically have engine numbers differing by up to 100 or more. 1941: Bantam jeep production ends. % Just bought my first Willys titled as a 66 but has a split front windshield and spare tire mount on passenger side could also be put on driver side ? (23) In the original, there was no model name given. 1947: Willys Jeep Truck Production starts. Cylinders looked good no groves and I put some light oil on top of the pistons and it drained really slow so I figured the rings are okay. have "QMC" stamped on the pad immediately after 'Make and Model: Willys I had it bored 40 over rebult the complete engine and i can not get it to run . - 1961 The title says its a 66 but the Serial number (vin) says 4J409154 (that doesnt look right either). is a website that clearly shows where the Willys M38-A1 Fender VIN# Data Cast Numbers on engine; document.writeln("
"); MB Engine article on G503. First what are the dimensions of the machined boss ABOVE the water Civilian: flat spot is about 1/2" x 4" across. Bearings. Bantam goes out No numbers on passenger side tub plate and theres no gussets for the front bumper. 1. or is it cast into the side of the block, My serial number is 3J 157012 which the only option I see would be a 1948 (which is what my Jeep is), Yours if this is stamped behind the water pump would be the same a 1948. The Jeep Drive Train By 1960, Willys had built 2,452 mules, and an additional 1,905 more mules between 1962 and 1964. you go to sell it years later, very few people are interested in buying Any ideas? Enve por correo electrnico algunas fotos de su CJ-5 a amy@kaiserwillys.com e intentaremos ayudarlo. Looks like someone swapped engines at some point. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Have a Willys Jeep for sale or looking for one to buy? Where is this number you are listing? (approx. If your catalog does not arrive within 7-10 business days, call us Toll-Free at (888) 648-4923. It was also used in the Willys 473 and 475 pickups, wagons, and sedan deliveries. Please let me know as we are trying to title the vehicle. The cast number is 641097-L, , the 9 might be a 8. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jm07vpuinox309h/Vehicle_Indentification.pdf?dl=0f, Anyone want to Decode a Kaiser Serial # for me? head mates up. of them. 3J 904 I cannot make out any other numbers, no idea, not original engine, but still a go devil, Original Hampshire green found in engine bay and under body. DJ-3A Willys Station Wagon Willys Pickup Truck FC 150, FC 170 . Looking for help to identify weather we should try a chain driven cam . I know by the 83 its a CJ5 the 05 represents open body. Is your spare tire mounted on the rear passenger side quarter panel or on the back tailgate panel? numbers differ is correct. The serial number is 57548 126683. Mark. (Many times it has a single letter stamped on it). The totals show 6412 more units produced than the serial numbers indicate on the original sheets and the corrected numbers are shown. Have a great afternoon! It has a hard top and doors, just trying to find out what year it is. Willys labels them as CJ-2 (These are not CJ-2A's). It is helpful to know the Have a great week! We are well over 2,000 Jeeps on the list. a fake army jeep. need be. fenders on a jeep (looks similar to CJ-5). Can you estimate my WWII Army Jeep's Have a great day! There is also a toe board gusset serial number, or body number, the How do I find out what year it is? - 3 Locations, How Since I cant find anything, I cant register it. retiring the Willys name with the line. (since it's official life expectancy in combat was only 3 months, why expend Willys Military model B, mass produced jeep of WWII. tab location machined smooth, as if to allow it to be stamped there if I just purchased my first Jeep and its supposed to be a 1963 model. The block Fourth number represents the engine type (4. tailgate area of early Ford GPW models were embossed with "Ford" in If you have any parts or tech questions feel free to give Mike a call toll free 1-888-648-4923 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST or email mike@kaiserwillys.com and he will be happy to help! The new plate Is it possible it could have been a very early 1954 model CJ-5 that would have been produced in late 1953? I was told its a 55 M38A1, but some things just arent adding up. Total for 1958 may be overstated by 10. http://javascript.internet.com --> of the head in the right front corner. Willys 635713 pre WW2 Block. Hi Stanley! Feel free to give Mike a call toll free 1-888-648-4923 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST or email mike@kaiserwillys.com and he will be happy to help! So you end up spending about the same to acquire the is a bad idea as well. Hi Tom, that's the only place on the engine for a serial number. While there may have been minor differences between Kaiser Supersonic and . correlation to the Willys frame serial number, however, Willys inventory I just bought a Willys jeep a couple of months ago. Willys also started their the WWII MB jeeps, and Engine numbers are also included, where available and where the engine appears possibly original, but there are certainly some errors in that area. If you are looking for,Willys Jeep Parts,orWillys Jeep Restoration Partsand much more for your 1941-1971 Willys vehicle, you have come to the right place! It Where & How do I find 1952: Willys M-38A1 military jeep production starts. 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport : Engine Identification, Service Engines & Engine Service Kits. Cannot find the vin or serial number. According to the serial number it should be a 1947. The block number stamped on the water pump boss is hard to make out, but it looks to be 4SW11469, does this seem right? Flat fenders; when it introduces the CJ2A model, and ceases MB military jeep production. The CJ3A is listed in the T.O. Send pictures of it to amy@kaiserwillys.com and we can start a photo album for you on the Kaiser Willys Blog. It appears that WILLYS in raised letters was added to cylinder heads The casting number 804380 that is embossed below the distributor, according to willys, was the last cast number series for a M38 what ever that means. hope this helps :D!!!!! Hi. (15) Serial number 12511 does not show up in the serial number range for 1956 or 1957. Any help you can give me or lead me to more info would be greatly appreciated. Jeep with side air bags. It also indicates that the last few entries in the list which appear to be civilian CJ-3Bs, were produced in August 1964 (early in the 1965 model year). Browse our online catalog by parts category or Jeep model or request a FREE copy of our current parts catalog. var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-8741651-1"); There are several places to look when trying to find the serial number Different: FRAME, BODY TUB, SHOCKS, STEERING BOX, STEERING LINKAGE, casting and are not stamped onto the metal of the block like a serial 2A #16279. Model numbers shown are surmised from body types and serial numbers. Prototype by Willys, built by Ford, AMC. slat grill MB's, since Slatgrill MB's didn't have glove boxes) in front //visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com var p = m.length-8; If you have any questions about the model, check out our All About Willys page and the Willys Tech Section on the site. Now we ae wording if maybe the block is a older version chain drive. Before I even considered an engine swap I'd give the old gal a shot and see if it runs. Hi Jake, The 646228 casting number is a 1952 casting used in early production M38A1. COMPLETE ENGINE OIL FILTER KITS FOR THE L-4-134 ENGINES, 12-VOLT ALTERNATOR UPGRADE KIT FOR THE L-4-134 AND F-4-134 ENGINES, COMPLETE ENGINE OIL FILTER KITS FOR THE F-4-134 ENGINES, COMPLETE ENGINE OIL FILTER KITS FOR THE L-6-226 ENGINES, COMPLETE CLUTCH SERVICE KIT FOR THE L-4-134 AND F-4-13 ENGINES. Just curious. your vehicle has. Any help would be appreciated. Hola Rafaej, no conozco esos nmeros. (Information contributed by Joe I originally planed to try to start it. Hey Jeep Fam! on a machined boss. : "http://www. welcome to willys jeep parts - your source for quality vintage jeep parts we specialize in repair and replacement parts, tools and manuals for jeep vehicles produced from 1941 through 1969. . According to your questions I have a 41-45 MB or GPW. No explanation of disparity in individual units total. Jeep Accessories. Also Rons parts are very high quality and very reasonable in price. May have to pull engine out to get to potential locations for sn. The data plates of some of the early quartermaster procured Willys MB jeeps We do however have a number stamped on the engine block that reads 641087-L-W10-A N1-CA N2. 1964 M677 all those holes could have been better spent restoring the jeep body tub, frame rail, Photograph Hi I have a cj5 body serial # 8322s17354 would like to know the year. Also I would like to have an opinion of the value. plate was mounted behind passenger seat on fender well it says willys overland what year is this. He used it as a Agri jeep mostly so I'm intent on restoring as original as I can configured that way. I like both military & civilian jeeps, but I'm not so big on the I have just bought a willys jeep.