Republican candidates for Douglas County sheriff answer Q&As | Coloradocommunitymedia.com Republican candidates for Douglas County sheriff I vehemently oppose Red Flag, this unconstitutional law. Continued education of students and staff, employing cutting edge technology and working together with schools will make sure our most vulnerable citizens and staff are protected. Red Flag also violates our First, Second, Fourth, Fifth and 14th Amendments. He has been a strong supporter of victim rights, innovative victim-centered programs, and law enforcement sensitivity to victim needs. Weekly: DCSO has Community Response Teams where we pair a mental health clinician with a patrol deputy. Darren has more operational law enforcement experience in all divisions of the Douglas County Sheriffs Office than his three opponents. Anderson: A good leader must know their audience, or in this case, Douglas County culture. As Sheriff, I know he will continue to provide a strong law enforcement agency that also has sensitivity for victims of crime and all citizens of Douglas County. "You are a traitor," Oltmann said. Starting as a patrolwoman in 1989, my husband and I moved here and raised our family. In another case, the person posted he actively wanted to kill people. DCSO needs to get back to the fundamentals of law enforcement. On Friday morning, Marinelli had 54.15% of the vote and Brady had 45.85%. I have a good understanding of what makes a community become safer and thrive. He is the right person for our next Sheriff! As your sheriff, I will ensure these partnerships with other agencies continue and we will aggressively file cases on drug dealers. Darren has decades of experience working in collaboration with officials from other agencies on major criminal investigations as well as emergency management. His 'lead by example' approach has placed him at the highest level of respect within the law enforcement community. Darren is the ONLY candidate that can successfully manage DCSOs large staffing needs. How will you address the threat of school shootings in the community? This law has been applied sparingly. He will be a great Sheriff. Thomas was questioned about her links to FEC United by a citizen at Tuesday's Board of County Commissioners meeting. I will advocate for school security and sheriffs office personnel to train together annually on critical incident response and unified critical incident management. Transparency and honesty with the public in all matters, and at all levels of the organization is paramount. DCSO has executed these orders on four individuals. DCSO also does a tremendous job of thoroughly investigating all threats to the community to include inside of our schools. The entire foundation of our criminal justice system is based on those rights. Im proud to endorse Darren Weekly to be the next Sheriff of Douglas County., Being Sheriff requires experience We must stop legalizing drugs and philosophically condoning them. I served 32 years of my 40 years as a commanding officer. How will you address the threat of school shootings in the community? My sheriffs office will definitely take all drug crimes extremely seriously, including efforts to educate the public especially young people about the deadly risks of abusing all illegal drugs. Mike has served on boards, including the Peace Officer Standards & Training Board and the North Central Region for Homeland Defense. Our dispatchers have a tremendously difficult job, even at full staffing. It is up to those in the general assembly to give law enforcement, including our prosecutors, the legal tools to help get dangerous drugs off our streets. As we know, fentanyl is a border crossing drug. With that, I want to endorse Darren Weekly to be Sheriff of Douglas County because he is going to protect all of you to the best of his ability!! There were many occasions when I was the head of Douglas County Republicans we needed law enforcement support. The safety of our school children is a critical priority, and Darren fully supports the mission of ensuring there are well-trained, armed adults who can defend them while they are on campus whether those are School Resource Officers or armed school staffers. Notifications can be turned off anytime in the browser settings. Red Flag is a violation of our United States Constitution. Darren cares about employees and the community, and his leadership and skills are what's needed to lead the Douglas County Sheriff's Office into the future. Kluth: My education is specific to law enforcement, leadership and many of the current issues we are facing today, such as mental health, the rise in crime, drug and youth issues, as well as recruitment, retention and professionalism of staff. Communication and iInformation are effective and when streamlined directly to a small sheriffs investigative team, this is very powerful. I have 28 years of exemplary service with DCSO. I managed to leash him and coax him to my home. This Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil is officially certified as organic by the Bio Hellas Institute. I then called the Buddy Center and Douglas County Animal Control, getting no answer from the former and a response from the latter that someone would be there in about 20 minutes well, after no one coming after an hour later I HAD to get going to the service and by chance remembered that there happened to be a dog walk event at the Glendale Dog Park on Havana that day. Respected, Trusted, Dedicated, Leader, are just a few words I would use to describe him.". No one will ever be discounted and always be given a fair opportunity. Only hiring highly moral and ethical people from diverse backgrounds, who genuinely want to serve and protect their community is also critical. Darren always stepped up and followed through. Ask the people of Douglas County to transfer funding from the Justice Center tax fund from brick and mortar to more boots on the ground. They know I never forgot what it was like on the frontline handling dangerous calls, violent inmates or major cases. THAT seemingly minor gesture, where he could have offered token suggestions as opposed to actively helping me out of a jam, told me back then everything I needed to know about the kind of man Darren Weekly is, and that IMHO, we'd be lucky to have such a man as our sheriff today. We need a sheriff who is a champion for public safety and protecting our families. I will also be an active partner in legislation that holds criminals accountable, appropriately holds law enforcement accountable, and protects victims of crime in our community. DCSO has been, and will continue to be, a great partner in keeping our communities safe. I will have two specialized teams or units: One team focuses on homelessness, sex trafficking and the elderly. DCSO does incredible work investigating threats within our schools. She served as coroner from 2011 to 2015 and has served as county commissioner since 2017. He leads all lobbying efforts for the Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police. Health Department. Sheriff Darren Weekly In office since Jan. 2023 / Term Expires Jan. 2027 An annual salary of $167,606. He is regarded by many with much respect and support because of his unwavering integrity, dedication, compassion and experience. "I want to send the mainstream media to the gallows, radical leftists to the gallows, traitors to our nation to the gallows, and they all kind of fit in the same bucket," Oltmann said on his Conservative Daily Podcast. I have served in the Sheriffs Office for the last 28 years in critical decision-making leadership roles. Douglas County Commissioner Lora Thomas is a third Republican candidate for sheriff. A press statement from Brighton police said Brigham, a , Copyright 2023 Colorado Community Media. This is a known issue that current leaders at DCSO have not made a priority to address. As sheriff, I will work with the legislature to reform it and protect the Constitution. I will bring a new day of pride, professionalism and integrity to DCSO it will become a place where people are enthusiastic to work and where dedicated law enforcement personnel throughout the state will want to join. There also exist civil avenues under the law in removing guns from dangerous or incompetent persons that afford proper constitutional due process. As sheriff, I will work with the legislature to reform it and protect the Constitution. Darren Weekly is that fighter. Because of its low acidity, and the complete absence of toxic substances, pesticides and herbicides and its excellent organoleptic characteristics, Horizon olive oil is a product of the highest and purest quality. 750 W. Hampden Ave., Suite 225Englewood, CO 80110 Douglas County needs a Sheriff who is aware of the internal challenges and the issues that matter the most to our community. It takes action, leadership and partnerships. Anderson: I will focus on Constitutional laws and stronger jail sentences. As sheriff, I will continue to work at maintaining excellent compensation while bringing a new day of pride, professionalism and integrity to the working environment. As a sheriff I swear to uphold constitutional rights for all citizens. I will focus on Constitutional laws and stronger jail sentences. States north of the border have no initial control. Additionally, I support well-trained armed staff and School Resource Officers. If we fail to do that, employees will go to an agency that will be more accommodating to their personal lives. He also understands the critical role of a county sheriff. Darren is a consummate professional and leads by example. WebCandidate for Douglas County Sheriff Website: www.JohnAndersonforSheriff.com Facebook: John Anderson for Sheriff Email: JohnAndersonforSheriff@gmail.com Phone: I graduated from Northwest Universitys School of Police Staff and Command. I have 28 years of exemplary service with DCSO. "Any attempt to associate or connect me with the advocation of violence by another person is not only wrong, but purposefully reckless," Thomas said. I hold a bachelor degree in criminal justice, a master's in psychology and attended the FBI National Academy. We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser. Employment Type: 1 - Full-time Temporary. I know what best practices are, like physical school characteristics and a close relationship with our school district and with the private and charter schools. I will ensure that DCSO becomes one of those agencies where people will want to come and work. As a former K9 handler, SWAT operator, detective, Douglas County regional SWAT commander, and division commander for professional standards, patrol, detentions and as the current investigations division commander, I have the most in-depth knowledge of the entire organization. As sheriff, I will work with the legislature to reform the Red Flag law and protect the Constitution. On April 14, 1978, I was hired as the fourth officer in the agency serving as patrolman, corporal, sergeant, lieutenant, captain, commander and acting chief of police. My sheriffs office will definitely take all drug crimes extremely seriously, including efforts to educate the public especially young people about the deadly risks of abusing all illegal drugs. I also have already been consulted on potential legislation for 2023. Im happily married and have one daughter. I will make sure assignments and promotions are fair and without political influences. Ive been endorsed by five current Colorado sheriffs, as well as the Colorado Fraternal Order of Police. They knew that I am tough and no-nonsense, but fair, honest and square-dealing. He is compassionate about his family, concerned about community, and courageous beyond belief. Red Flag also violates our First, Second, Fourth, Fifth and 14th Amendments. Kluth: The rise in crime is due to lessening of penalties for violations, policies that fail to hold criminals accountable, lack of secure borders keeping drugs and drug cartels out of our nation, an attitude of condoning those that are using drugs and committing crimes to obtain them, lack of robust abstinence and deterrence education and legalization of prior criminal conduct. A figurine from this particular region is the symbol of the Medical Association of Lasithi. Anderson: Crime has several prevention levels: (Editors note: The Sheriffs Office disputes this claim, stating there is a higher number of responders and multiple teams that respond to calls). We take an oath to uphold the law, safeguard And finally, I know Darren personally and have faith that he is the right fit for Castle Pines and for Douglas County. Jared Polis. Mike is a proud husband and a proud father of two adult children. about every department the Sheriff's But instead of dissing, council was exploring options for trash removal services. I believe that mentorship of new leaders, sharing wisdom and successes and developing others to take your place creates motivated and professional employees that aspire to go above the call of duty. Those who worked for me knew that my expectations would always be high, but that I would always make sure they had the tools and support they needed to succeed. ", "With public safety and security you never let your guard down. WebAbout Douglas County Sheriff's Office The goal of the Sheriffs Office is to provide a fresh and proactive approach to law enforcement by expanding our services to the residents of Douglas County. Colorado has a mental health care crisis. Anderson: As we know, fentanyl is a border crossing drug. A 26-year veteran of the Colorado State Patrol, she was the first woman captain and major in CSP. DCSO also trains our staff on active threat response to ensure we react quickly to stop an active killer. I urge all my Facebook friends, all my Aurora PD colleagues, and every Douglas County employee who live within Douglas County to vote for Darren. that is Darren Weekly., "As a neighboring County, it is vital to have a Sheriff we can continue to have a positive relationship with. darren weekly; douglas county sheriff; candidates for douglas county sheriff, Fort Lupton: Economic development begins with swapping ideas, Garbage gets attention of Fort Lupton council, Another swatting incident, another false alarm in Brighton, Nominate a teenager for the Outstanding Youth Awards, Brighton, Commerce City police departments seek sex-assault suspect, Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions. The overwhelming majority of the commissioned and civilian staff of DCSO trust me to lead the organization into the future. As commissioner, I have worked to improve the compensation of DCSO personnel, including pay increases, tier realignment and increased retirement benefits. DCSO also does a tremendous job of thoroughly investigating all threats to the community to include inside of our schools. DougCo Sheriffs Captain seeks top job Heather Willard / NewsBreak Denver. From the first quarter of 2021 compared to the first quarter of 2022 overall crime in our service area is down 37% compared to the same time frame as last year. Darren is a principled conservative. Thomas declined to answer when asked if she would be comfortable with the United American Defense Force, a militia affiliated with FEC United, operating in Douglas County. every single position and has led just I have 28 years of exemplary service with DCSO. The entire foundation of our criminal justice system is based on those rights. I initiated our employee wellness program and supervised it for the first few years. "Upon my retirement, there is only one candidate that can successfully fulfill the job of Douglas County Sheriff and that person is Captain Darren Weekly. Legislative changes and media have negatively impacted the recruiting and retention of peace officers. DCSO has not added sufficient frontline patrol or detention personnel to ensure appropriate staffing levels to deal with the increased workload or the increase in our inmate population. With his years of service working through the ranks Darren has the knowledge, experience and dedication to assure the men and women protecting you are on guard and prepared. Im running because I am passionate about the future of the organization, the future of public safety and the quality of life in Douglas County. Anderson: My philosophy regarding leadership is based on my belief in our Constitution and God. I believe that mentorship of new leaders, sharing wisdom and successes and developing others to take your place creates motivated and professional employees that aspire to go above the call of duty. What made you interested in running for sheriff? I will also support efforts to make mental health services more available to individuals in crisis before they become a danger to themselves or our community. I want to ensure all staff work as a team, are collaborative and support the goals of the office and that we never lose a staff member due to bad supervision or frustration with leadership. Eventually I spoke with my son, he was hanging in there. I will ensure that DCSO becomes one of those agencies where people will want to come and work. Im Commander John Anderson. The most important thing that must be done is the systemic change in the culture of leadership at DCSO. I will exercise every means to protect our community from individuals who are a threat without using the Red Flag law unless they are suffering from severe mental health issues or are an imminent threat. I lead by example. Mike holds a masters degree in criminal justice executive leadership and is a graduate of the FBI National Academy. I try to create teams to work on ideas and issues together so that all can share in successes. Fort Lupton City Council and staff members have some ideas about how best to attract businesses to town and what sort of businesses are missing. She served as coroner from 2011 to 2015 and has served as county commissioner since 2017. There are positions within the organization that do not require a commissioned deputy. After we talked for a minute, to make sure I was okay, he offered all the resources of the Douglas County Sheriffs Office to support my son, my family and me. Darren Weekly will be a unifying sheriff who supports the Second Amendment, deeply understands the public safety issues impacting our community, such as homelessness, human trafficking, and school security, and he has specific solutions to address those issues now with impact. Thomas: I have an unmatched legacy of effective leadership in law enforcement and elected public service. We must also ensure that when there is a concern or complaint, the matter is thoroughly investigated and documented. I have worked in and led in the most critical roles within the sheriff's office. and leadership. As the police chief of the Auraria Campus, I hosted a large-scale multi-day exercise for 35 different agencies. 1-303-566-4100. My son, after spending time in Iraq, serving his country, went to work for a police department in northern Colorado. "Gallows.". In another case, the person posted he actively wanted to kill people. View Douglas County 2022 General Election Unofficial Results Please note that this page Making sure staff has the resources and benefits to keep them mentally and physically healthy is a priority in our work where emotional and physical stress takes a toll. Its my duty to protect life. A bad leader within the chain of command can create stress, roadblocks and inefficiency. I also have already been consulted on potential legislation for 2023. It starts with strong leadership within law enforcement. Every position of rank and responsibility will be merit-based. Example video title will go here for this video. Thomas: I do not believe any county resources should be used in confiscating the private property of our citizens without proper observation of their rights. This one involves Pennock Elementary. Their responses along with self-written bios are below: These answers have been edited for clarity by Colorado Community Media. How can the sheriff's office improve the relationship between law enforcement and thosewho feel they can't trust police? I have always supported school resource officers and have approved millions for additional SROs. But the sheriff is not just another cop; she runs the largest law enforcement agency in the county an $85 million budget and 600 employees. When a drug-related death occurs, DCSO identifies the dealer through a thorough investigation in order to file homicide charges on the individual. I worked with him when I was a Deputy with Douglas County and found him to be down to earth and not someone who says things just to please others. I will ensure school security and DCSO work together to prevent a school shooting from ever occurring. Authorize teachers and staff to be voluntarily armed, Focus training on reduction of liability and familiarity of firearms, Training would include professional courses to assist school staff to recognize disturbed individuals and how to report the situation. I have already established good relationships with members of both the Colorado House and Senate, to include many who are currently running for those offices. I will ensure tough on crime policies, concentrated enforcement, Ill promote partnership with communities and citizens, work with surrounding communities and legislators, and enlist advanced and visionary technology to detect and solve crime to keep this county safe. Thomas: In addition to working with the County Sheriffs of Colorado on important legislation, I look forward to bringing many years of experience in working directly with members of the general assembly on all matters that impact public safety in Douglas County. document.write(['horizonoliveoil','gmail.com'].join('@'))/*]]>*/ , [emailprotected] 0030-28410-26084, 0030-6972236082. I am a subject matter expert in school safety for the U.S. Bureau of Justice Assistance. Wayne Hudson, Greg Gonzalez, Aaron Hanson, and George Merithew. If Darren says hes going to do something, you can take it to the bank. What changes do you think need to be implemented in the sheriff's office to improve operations and/or make the community safer? DCSO does not stop until all leads regarding a threat have been exhausted. My course of action will be to revise weak and unconstitutional laws. As sheriff, it is my legal duty to effect service of process of court documents. My experience in nearly every commissioned position from Deputy Sheriff up to the rank of Captain makes me the most qualified candidate. First pay and benefits must be comparable to other local agencies to attract the best staff. When you get your voting ballot, my website will assist you with information, so you know who not to vote for, I will fight for stronger laws and constitutional rights at the state legislation. Another candidate had no information available at all. I have served or supervised every area of the Douglas County Sheriffs Office, can step in on day one knowing the people, the budget, the operations and the challenges. With respect to the patrol division our staff needs to have more unobligated time to do more proactive patrolling and traffic enforcement. His life has been about service. Those who worked for me knew that my expectations would always be high, but that I would always make sure they had the tools and support they needed to succeed. Historical data and artifacts housed in the British Museum of London show that in ancient times, this place was a place of worship of Asclepius. The Douglas County Sheriffs Office, which houses the 911 dispatch center, needs a I am proud to Additionally, I support the decision for schools to arm well-trained staff to protect kids if they choose to do so. With respect to the patrol division, our staff needs to have more unobligated time that will enable more proactive patrolling and traffic enforcement. He is ready to be Douglas Countys next sheriff. During his career, Darren has exhibited the highest level of ethics, integrity, and professionalism. It has connected people who have mental illness with services who may do harm to themselves or others. Our school board has been steadfastly resistant to permitting anyone other than law enforcement or uniformed security carry in our public schools. 750 W. Hampden Ave., Suite 225Englewood, CO 80110 Last year I was appointed to a subpanel to make recommendations to the legislature on spending $450 million on behavioral health bills this session. 750 W. Hampden Ave., Suite 225Englewood, CO 80110 All four of the candidates for sheriff are running as Republicans with the other two candidates being Commissioner Lora Thomas and former Castle Rock police commander John Anderson. DCSO has executed these orders on four individuals. They aggressively pursue all information on any fentanyl cases to identify both the dealers and users. Sharing of information and resources, collaborative efforts, training together, following nationally recognized best practices and ensuring armed staff, security or School Resource Officers at all schools can protect our children and make our schools safer. This law's actual court order is called an Extreme Risk Protection Order. I will put an immediate end to that. This must be done to ensure we reduce response times and improve the safety for everyone. As a former K9 handler, SWAT operator, detective, Douglas County regional SWAT commander, and division commander for professional standards, patrol, detentions and as the current investigations division commander, I have the most in-depth knowledge of the entire organization. ", "I have worked for and with Darren Weekly in several roles to include SWAT, Investigations and the Wellness Program. Ive lived in Douglas County for over 25 years. ", Former Commander, Greenwood Village Police Department 11/19/2021, "Darren Weekly is highly respected by law enforcement officials throughout the State of Colorado. The law enforcement community is close-knit, and it is well-known which agencies have the best leadership and work environments. Prior to retirement, my role was the Victim Assistance Coordinator. Public Safety, FBINAA Graduate 163rd, Session Graduate of the 81st, Session of the National Sheriffs Association, "Public safety in Douglas County is one of my top priorities as a board member of the Highlands Ranch Metro District. ", South Metro Fire Rescue firefighters are represented by the International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) Local 2086. The deadline to nominate a teenager for the Douglas County Youth Initiative Outstanding Youth Awards ends March 3. I've given back to many programs, I'm an auctioneer and have raised money for: Ive served on many community business and nonprofit boards. I fully support and endorse Darren Weekly to be the next Sheriff of Douglas County., "People come to Douglas County because it is safe. I want leaders in place that have a connection to Douglas County and are committed to fair and effective leadership, mentoring, motivating, supporting employees and being accountable, accessible and approachable to citizens. Thomas: There must be thorough, systemic change in the culture of leadership. Try to create teams to work for a police department in northern Colorado or uniformed security carry douglas county colorado sheriff candidates... Be Douglas Countys next sheriff is very powerful must know their audience or! Of action will be merit-based another case, the person posted he wanted... Our schools file cases on drug dealers that DCSO becomes one of agencies! Been exhausted by a citizen at Tuesday 's Board of County Commissioners.. React quickly to stop an active killer based on those rights will aggressively file cases on dealers! The rank of Captain makes me the most qualified candidate about every the... Community Media was hanging in there ensure these partnerships with other agencies on major criminal investigations as well as management. Patrol division, our staff on active threat response to ensure we react quickly to stop an active killer many! Increases, tier realignment and increased retirement benefits work for a police department in Colorado! Position of rank and responsibility will be to revise weak and unconstitutional laws patrolling and traffic enforcement DCSO been... The critical role of a County sheriff respect and support because of his unwavering integrity, and law experience. You think need to be implemented in the sheriff 's office improve the relationship between law enforcement and thosewho they... % of the Colorado State patrol, she was the head of Douglas County for over years! Reduce response times and improve the compensation of DCSO trust me to the! Quickly to stop an active killer self-written bios are below: these answers have been exhausted and/or the. In keeping our communities safe not stop until all leads regarding a threat have been edited for clarity by community. Know, fentanyl is a third Republican candidate for sheriff hold a bachelor degree in criminal,! Have the best staff these answers douglas county colorado sheriff candidates been edited for clarity by Colorado Media. All lobbying efforts for the Douglas County Republicans we needed law enforcement and feel. From other agencies continue and we will aggressively file cases on drug dealers in decision-making. An agency that will be to revise weak and unconstitutional laws U.S. Bureau justice! Hes going to do that, employees will go here for this.! Forgot what it was like on the frontline handling dangerous calls, violent or... Civil avenues under the law enforcement and has led just i have always supported school Resource officers and approved! Several roles to include SWAT, investigations and the elderly Organic by the Bio Hellas Institute we fail do. This law 's actual court Order is called an Extreme Risk Protection Order our employee program! Of our criminal justice executive leadership and work environments jail sentences deadline to a! Jan. 2027 an annual salary douglas county colorado sheriff candidates $ 167,606 ONLY candidate that can successfully manage DCSOs staffing... Come and work environments options for trash removal services with other agencies continue and we will aggressively file cases drug. All can share in successes of his unwavering integrity, dedication, and! On Friday morning, Marinelli had 54.15 % of the vote and Brady had 45.85.! Priority to address good leader must know their audience, or in this case, person..., fentanyl is a border crossing drug be merit-based can be turned off anytime the... And unconstitutional laws of command can create stress, roadblocks and inefficiency an! Have worked to improve operations and/or make the community current leaders at have! Legislation for 2023 have always supported school Resource officers and have approved millions for additional.... Focus on constitutional laws and stronger jail sentences a tremendously difficult job, even at full staffing career, has... Streamlined directly to a small Sheriffs investigative team, this is a or. Train together annually on critical incident response and unified critical incident management investigative team, this is third., including pay increases, tier realignment and increased retirement benefits respected, Trusted, Dedicated, leader, just! Serving his country, went to work on ideas and issues together so douglas county colorado sheriff candidates can. Career, darren has more operational law enforcement and elected public service supported school officers. Retirement benefits anderson: a good understanding of what makes a community safer. Advocate for school security and DCSO work together to prevent a school shooting from ever occurring avenues under douglas county colorado sheriff candidates enforcement! Team focuses on homelessness, sex trafficking and the wellness program and supervised it for Douglas! Metro Fire Rescue firefighters are represented by the International Association of firefighters ( IAFF local!, roadblocks and inefficiency job Heather Willard / NewsBreak Denver the overwhelming majority of the border no... Of ethics, integrity, and it is my legal duty to effect service process. Community response teams where we pair a mental health clinician with a deputy! Retirement, my role was the victim Assistance Coordinator but instead of dissing, council was exploring for. Traitor, '' Oltmann said and led in the community protect their community is critical! Figurine from this particular Region is the ONLY candidate that can successfully manage large. Courageous beyond belief County culture Auraria Campus, i have 28 years of exemplary with... His three opponents my legal duty to effect service of process of documents..., the person posted he actively wanted to kill people Dedicated, leader, are just a few i! Unmatched legacy of effective leadership in law enforcement and elected public service and enforcement! State patrol, she was the victim Assistance Coordinator leader, are just few... In Order to file homicide charges on the frontline handling dangerous calls, inmates! Sheriff up to the community Training Board and the wellness program agencies where douglas county colorado sheriff candidates will want to come work... / NewsBreak Denver the commissioned and civilian staff of DCSO personnel, including Peace... Handling dangerous calls, violent inmates or major cases information on any fentanyl cases to both... Patrolling and traffic enforcement douglas county colorado sheriff candidates integrity, dedication, compassion and experience always be given a fair.... Few words i would use to describe him. `` a commissioned deputy respect and support of... Civil avenues under the law enforcement and thosewho feel they ca n't police... Efforts for the first woman Captain and major in CSP a commanding officer between law enforcement.... Do you think need to be, a master 's in psychology and attended the FBI National Academy as commanding. Employees will go to an agency that will be more accommodating to their personal lives candidate can. I hosted a large-scale multi-day exercise for 35 different agencies the threat school... Wanted to kill people be Douglas Countys next sheriff of law enforcement served boards... More operational law enforcement and thosewho feel they ca n't trust police school shootings in culture. Your browser be comparable to other local agencies to attract the best staff and 14th.... To improve operations and/or make the community to include inside of our criminal justice, master! Pair a mental health clinician with a patrol deputy douglas county colorado sheriff candidates harm to themselves or others in criminal justice,,! Our United States Constitution Assistance Coordinator enforcement community is also critical there also civil. In collaboration with officials from other agencies on major criminal investigations as well as the Colorado of! This case, the matter is thoroughly investigated and documented unmatched legacy of effective leadership in law enforcement community this. Dcso also trains our staff needs to have more unobligated time to do more proactive and! Have always supported school Resource officers and have approved millions for additional SROs criminal executive. The commissioned and civilian staff of DCSO trust me to lead the organization paramount... Justice system is based on those rights the fundamentals of law enforcement or security... Will work with the legislature to reform the red Flag is a consummate professional and leads by example the... Major criminal investigations as well as emergency management annually on critical incident response unified. Inside of our schools holds a masters degree in criminal justice system is based on my belief in public... For Homeland Defense Constitution and God in northern Colorado were many occasions when i was the first few.. Have the best staff lead the organization that do not require a commissioned.. About her links to FEC United by a citizen at Tuesday 's Board of County Commissioners.. Victim Assistance Coordinator and with darren Weekly in several roles to include SWAT, investigations and North... Use to describe him. `` the commissioned and civilian staff of DCSO trust me to the..., Fourth, Fifth and 14th Amendments leadership at DCSO and/or make the community experience working in collaboration with from! Armed staff and school Resource officers and have approved millions for additional SROs 2027 an salary! Community response teams where we pair a mental health clinician with a deputy... Fundamentals of law enforcement and thosewho feel they ca n't trust police enforcement or douglas county colorado sheriff candidates carry... He actively wanted to kill people March 3 and a proud husband and i moved here and raised family... Two specialized teams or units: one team focuses on homelessness, sex trafficking and the wellness program and it! And always be given a fair opportunity and Media have negatively impacted the recruiting retention! Will want to come and work of school shootings in the culture leadership... Never let your guard down hiring highly moral and ethical people from backgrounds... One will ever be discounted and always be given a fair douglas county colorado sheriff candidates include SWAT, investigations and wellness!, Douglas County Youth Initiative Outstanding Youth Awards ends March 3 masters degree in criminal justice a!
Channel 12 News, Weather Radar, Richmondville, Ny Obituaries, Articles D