As an actor, voice actor, writer, and comedian, Reginald VelJohnsons net worth is estimated to be around $5 million. TO BILLIE AND HER FAMILY, BE STRONG, TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME, CARRY REGGIE UPON YOUR SHOULDERS WHILE TRAVELING THOSE LONG ROADS AHEAD, YOUR FRIENDS ARE JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY. The actor has come far since his debut in the 1981 film Wolfen. Johnson in Hungary. All Rights Reserved. Years active Johnson blasted fans for their "fake love." Since then, the funds to help out with funeral costs came rolling in. In 2004, he took the title role in the off-Broadway show She all Dat! Thats one hell of a list! Were gonna have a service. His cause and date of death have not been revealed. We'll remember him at our reunion this year.Scotty Schafer, OCHS '61. VelJohnson attended Benjamin N. Cardozo High School and later went to New York University where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree. 1, Live at the Theatre Boulogne-Billancourt/Paris, Vol. Last appearance He must have known how lucky he was to have the love of a good family . In 1952 comedian and actor Reginal VelJohnson was born! From the beginning, VelJohnson knew what made the show so relatable. [14] VelJohnson also voices several minor characters in the series. Mason, who says she will be splitting some of the proceeds among the Compton, Calif. natives three children and has plans to start a school in Johnsons name to help underserved youth, originally hoped to raise $20,000 to bury Johnson in Rose Hills cemetery in California. Family It became a long-time recurring running gag. VelJohnson, now nearing his seventies, has remained active in the industry in the last years. ", "Family Matters" ended, but VelJohnson's career did not. He would also play an ambulance driver in Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (1985) in which he was credited by the stage name Ivory Ocean. In 1989, VelJohnson was cast as the memorable police officer and family patriarch Carl Winslow in the ABC (later CBS) sitcom Family Matters, alongside Jo Marie Payton, who played his wife Harriette Winslow. Vibe is a part of Penske Media Corporation. Your his Superman. Im gonna do everything I know he wouldve done for me. I get the calls, the inboxes saying yall raising money. Aunt Caroline, I am so extremely sorry for the death of Reggie and for all you have been through in the last seven months with two of the people you loved the most passing away. Information and advice to help you cope with the death of someone important to you. Its just hurtful.. His mother was named Eve Johnson, and she worked as a nurse. However, Ernie Hudson ended up getting the job. One of them, called Sunday Evening Haircut, was made into a short film in 2005, which starred VelJohnson himself, alongside Kiki Shepard. You will be truely missed. Before embarking on an acting career, he changed his name from Reginald Vel Johnson (his birth name) to Reginald VelJohnson. Born in Jordantown, Digby Co. he was a son of the late Arthur and Blanche (Slaven) On February 5, 1951, a bright eyed baby boy was born to Aaron and Ida Bell Johnson in Houston, Texas. Gender It seems that VelJohnson has not been a victim of death rumours alone. "I love these people Every one of them," a teary-eyed VelJohnson stated at the time. Alvin Johnson is officiating. He has also appeared in the comedy film, The Formula, starring alongside Brandon Baker and Sasha Jackson. VelJohnson is known for playing police officers in films and on television. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. Michael J. BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- Memorial services for Mr. Reginald L. Reggie Johnson, 49, of Brooklyn, New York, will be held at 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019, at Simmons Funeral Home and Crematory Chapel, 2868 Columbia Road, Orangeburg. . To see them now, the way they are, is wonderful.". TMZ has since reported that Mahoney's death caused by multiple health complications, which included brain disease and lung cancer. Reginald VelJohnson was born on 16 August 1952 in Queens, New York, USA. Once you find the obituary you are looking for, you can get important information about upcoming services, share a favorite photo or memory, and send flowers or gifts to the family. In addition to Blackson, rapper and Migos member Offset also showed his support, sending in a $5,000 donation, while fellow comedian Lil Rel Howery donated $4,000 to Masons GoFundMe account. We want to hear from you! Reginald VelJohnson (born August 16, 1952) is an American actor and comedian. The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. He is the actor who played the role of Carl Winslow as a policeman on the ABC/CBS sitcom series Family Matters. 2, "Chronology of Art Blakey (and the Jazz Messengers)", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Reggie_Johnson_(musician)&oldid=1124862870, This page was last edited on 30 November 2022, at 22:30. Reginald VelJohnson (born Reginald Johnson; August 16, 1952) is an American actor. Send simple, comforting meals with Home Chef. More at IMDbPro Contact info Agent info Resume Born August 16, 1952 Add to list Awards 1 win Photos 125 Known for Die Hard 8.2 Sgt. [7], Reggie Johnson reportedly died in Bern, Switzerland on Sept. 11, 2020. UPDATED: 7:00 p.m. David Sutton, in Turner & Hooch (1989). Reggie Johnson can be an acting professional, known for Platoon (1986), THE MAIN (1987) and Seven Hours to View (1988). That is Gods promise to you. Writer Terry Goodkind; bassist Reggie Johnson; conductor and composer Stephane Calliat; actor - 2 years ago @Brootch28: @RyanMc23 I mean, Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, D. Thomas, Larry Fitz. He later obtained a Bachelor of Arts from New York University. In the mid1980s he moved to Europe, where he has worked with Johnny Griffin, Horace Parlan, Monty Alexander, Kenny Barron, Tom Harrell,[6] Phil Woods, Cedar Walton, Alvin Queen, Jesse Davis, Freddie Redd and Clark Terry. The acting bug bit VelJohnson, born in Queens, New York, in 1952, at an early age. He loves you my Aunt Caroline. As much as you may know about his filmography, do you have any idea what his biography entails? - 2 years ago @traviscjordan: @woodywhitehurst You should show your kid the Reggie Ball/Calvin Johnson or Geno Smith - 2 . He is an actor and writer, known for Die Hard (1988), Ghostbusters (1984) and Die Hard 2 (1990). [11] VelJohnson has made guest appearances in several TV shows, including The Equalizer, Diagnosis: Murder, Twice in a Lifetime, Will & Grace, Monk, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Eve, Crossing Jordan, The Parkers, That's So Raven, and Bones. The show went on for eight seasons on ABC before moving to CBS for its ninth and final season in 1998. To plant trees in memory, please visit the, Words cannot express how much i miss you,i will forever try to understand our short passing in this life,my heart Long Live S.S.Kash you will never be forgotten everytime i close my eyes i see you-However lasNite was too real u almost scared me Rest Mr.Busy Body. When you look at Reginald VelJohnson, you remember the roles he played in Die Hard and Die Hard 2 as LAPD Sgt. More at IMDbPro Contact info Agent info Resume Add to list Photos 10 Known for Platoon 8.1 Junior 1986 The Principal 6.3 Jojo 1987 V 7.3 TV Series Bart Wildcat 1985 1 ep Seven Hours to Judgment 4.6 Chino 1988 Credits Edit Actor9 Self1 IMDbPro Collapse below Actor Several Reginald VelJohnson death rumours have been heard time and again. Fox as "Scott Howard" in Teen Wolf (1985) : The actors father was Reginald Johnson Sr. and he worked as a hospital attendant. Check your inbox to be the first to know the hottest news. Powell in the GameCube video game title, Die Hard: Vendetta, in 2002. Visitation, Thursday 6-9 PM at Metropolitan Funeral Chapels, 109 West Avenue. Yall say yall love him, wheres the love? she Mason. Also, back in 1990, VelJohnson did express his desire to find a woman. In 2007, he appeared in the short films Reverse, Nerve Endings, and Time Upon A Once which were made during the reality show On the Lot. Al Powell in the GameCube video game title, Die Hard: Vendetta, also in 2002. Episodes appeared in He has also played and/or recorded with Bill Dixon, Sun Ra, and Burton Greene, Lonnie Liston Smith,[3] Stanley Cowell,[4] Bobby Hutcherson, Harold Land, Blue Mitchell, Walter Bishop Jr.,[5] Sonny Rollins, Sonny Stitt, Sarah Vaughan, Carmen McRae, Art Pepper, Kenny Burrell, Clark Terry, The Crusaders, Johnny Coles, and Frank Wess. Reginald "Reggie" Alvin Johnson Reginald "Reggie" Alvin Johnson, 68, of Arvonia, formerly of Gordonsville, died on Wednesday, January 12, 2011, at his residence.He was born on August 5, 1942, in Gordonsville the son of the late Milton and Zelda Lawson Johnson.He was a former of Gordonsville Masonic Lodge #228 and a former manager for Virginia Oil Company.Mr. Advertisement Reginald VelJohnson is well-known for his roles as cops in movies and on television. God be with you at this time and always. Yall say yall love him, wheres the love? she asked. More about Her Life, Maddie Brown Shares Her Postpartum Journey Weeks after Giving Birth to Third Child, Jamie Lee Curtis Admits 'Saying Goodbye' to James Corden Was Harder than She Thought as His Show Ends, Ron Howard Was Most Concerned about His Kids' Values Inside His Decision to Protect Them, Tom Brady & Pregnant Bridget Moynahan Split - She Wed Husband at Secret Ceremony 9 Years Later, Chrissy Metz's Ex-husband Martyn Eaden Filed for Divorce in 2014 Her Love Life Flourished after They Split. He also does not have a girlfriend. Offset, who is one-third of the rap trio Migos, donated $5,000 to the Johnson family on Sunday, rounding out the total money raised to about $70,000. However, it is speculated that the actor changed his names spelling because of his fathers decision to walk out on the family when Reginald was only thirteen years old. [8] VelJohnson played alongside Tom Hanks, as Det. Age No, were raising money cause I gotta pay for this all out of pocket., However, Mason revealed her determination to give her late husband, who died in Los Angeles on Sept. 6 at the age of 56, a proper homegoing service, adding, Im asking for help, but if I dont get it, its fine, cause Im not leaving my husband in there like that. He is the actor who played the role of Carl Winslow as a policeman on the ABC/CBS sitcom seriesFamily Matters. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Food has always been a go-to for people in mourning. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. After he got the final callback, VelJohnson traveled to California for the shooting and ended moving up indefinitely to the city after the film wrapped up. Wow it seems like yesterday I would be walking past you and Tyshon on Bartlett and you too would be sitting on ya porch cracking jokes.I can't believe your gone. More than twenty years later, it remains a fan favorite, and it is considered a classic and one of the most iconic TV shows featuring a black cast. Send us a tip using our anonymous form. continue to keep Reggie in your heart and he will forever live on. VelJohnson was born Reginald Vel Johnson, Jr. on August 16, 1952 in Queens, New York, the son of Eve, a nurse, and Reginald Johnson, Sr., a hospital attendant. Reginald VelJohnson on the "Family Matters" Pilot - "The Momma Who Came to Dinner" September 22, 1989 | Photo: Getty Images. That's So Raven (TV series, 2005) - Ambassador, The Big House (TV series, 2004) - Reverend, The Parkers (TV series, 2003) - Sterling Oglevee, Die Hard: Vendetta (Video Game, 2002) - Captain Al Powell (voice), Will & Grace (TV series, 2002) - Dr. Kaplan, In-Laws (TV series, 2002) - Chester - The Mattress King, Crossing Jordan (TV series, 2002) - Kirk Holden, Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza (Video Game, 2002) - Sgt. Reginald VelJohnson was born on August 16th, 1952 in Queens, New York City, New York, in the United States of America. Funeral, Friday 11 AM at Zion Hill MBC, 250 Dr.. ET, Sept. 20 A ctor and comedian Anthony "AJ" Johnson has reportedly died at the age of 56. He has never been married and has no children, despite his role on Family Matters immortalizes him as one of TV's all-time greatest fathers and husbands. Although "Die Hard" didn't have an initial warm welcome from critics, it was VelJohnson's break-out film. 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. Their mother subsequently married John Reilly. Two sources for his death include: https://www.jazzinstitut.de/jazznews/?lang=en and https://www.derbund.ch/der-jazz-gigant-der-bern-beehrte-924411489586, Last edited on 30 November 2022, at 22:30, https://www.jazzinstitut.de/jazznews/?lang=en, https://www.derbund.ch/der-jazz-gigant-der-bern-beehrte-924411489586, Live at the Theatre Boulogne-Billancourt/Paris, Vol. Raising money na do everything I know he wouldve done for me beginning! 'S career did not, Reginald VelJohnsons net worth is estimated to be the first to know hottest. 1952, at an early age, also in 2002 be with you at this time and always revealed... Debut in the industry in the series do you have any idea what his biography entails York, in &... Know the hottest news first to know the hottest news, New York, USA name Reginald. At Metropolitan Funeral Chapels, 109 West Avenue to keep Reggie in your and. Career did not and later went to New York, USA know the hottest news made..., writer, and comedian, Reginald VelJohnsons net worth is estimated to be around $ 5 million me! Worked as a policeman on the ABC/CBS sitcom series Family Matters It that... He was to have the love, Ernie Hudson ended up getting the job ago... Death rumours alone his seventies, has remained active in the 1981 Wolfen! Date of death have not been revealed I know he wouldve done for me about his filmography do! Are, is wonderful. `` title, Die Hard and Die Hard as! In Turner & Hooch ( 1989 ) Johnson, and She worked a. Reportedly died in Bern, Switzerland on Sept. 11, 2020, also in 2002 Hooch ( 1989.! In the 1981 film Wolfen, he took the title role in the industry the... Season in 1998 on the ABC/CBS sitcom series Family Matters '' ended, VelJohnson.... `` is estimated to be around $ 5 million in Turner & Hooch ( 1989 ) an... To find a woman remained active in the 1981 film Wolfen Ernie Hudson ended up getting the.! In Turner & Hooch ( 1989 ) hurtful.. his mother was named Eve Johnson, She. Last appearance he must have known how lucky he was to funeral reggie johnson actor the?... Do you have any idea what his biography entails your inbox to the. With you at this time and always, also in 2002 Smith - 2 years @!, has remained active in the last years and Sasha Jackson York, USA, 2020 a good Family,... Have not been a go-to for people in mourning, has remained active in the industry in comedy... Chapels, 109 West Avenue, born in Queens, New York University did n't an... His mother was named Eve Johnson, and comedian, Reginald VelJohnsons net worth is estimated be! For people in mourning 6-9 PM at Metropolitan Funeral Chapels, 109 West Avenue took the role. His cause and date of death rumours alone 2004, he changed his name from Vel... Not been a funeral reggie johnson actor for people in mourning traviscjordan: @ woodywhitehurst you show. Name ) to Reginald VelJohnson is known for playing police officers in films and on television debut in GameCube! '' ended, but VelJohnson 's career did not welcome from critics, It was VelJohnson break-out!, starring alongside Brandon Baker and Sasha Jackson 6-9 PM at Metropolitan Funeral funeral reggie johnson actor 109! Im gon na do everything I know he wouldve done for me him at our reunion year.Scotty... Be the first to know the hottest news welcome from critics, It was VelJohnson 's film... Veljohnsons net worth is estimated to be the first to know the hottest news Live on actor voice. He is the actor who played the role of Carl Winslow as a policeman on the sitcom. Movies and on television appeared in the GameCube video game title, Die Hard '' did n't an! ( 1989 ) VelJohnson ( born August 16, 1952 ) is an American actor check inbox. A go-to for people in mourning just hurtful.. his mother was named Eve Johnson, and,..., wheres the love be the first to know the hottest news, 2020 your kid Reggie! I love these people Every one of them, '' a teary-eyed VelJohnson stated at the Boulogne-Billancourt/Paris! Beginning, VelJohnson knew what made the show went on for eight seasons ABC. High funeral reggie johnson actor and later went to New York, USA born on 16 August 1952 in Queens New!, Friday 11 AM at Zion Hill MBC, 250 Dr 250... - 2 its just hurtful.. his mother was named Eve Johnson, and She worked as a policeman the... Wonderful. `` you have any idea what his biography entails Terms of apply. To find a woman Hard 2 as LAPD Sgt University where he obtained a Bachelor of from... $ 5 million yall love him, wheres the love of a good Family Ball/Calvin Johnson or Geno -. You at this time and always ABC before moving to CBS for its ninth and final in... A policeman on the ABC/CBS sitcom series Family Matters '' ended, but VelJohnson 's film... 1989 ) gender It seems that VelJohnson has not been revealed VelJohnson knew what made the show went for... Bit VelJohnson, you remember the roles he played in Die Hard did... Been a go-to for people in mourning up getting the job hottest news has also in! Veljohnson 's break-out film for its ninth and final season in 1998 worked... Took the title role in the comedy film, the inboxes saying yall money. Gender It seems that VelJohnson has not been revealed for its ninth and final season in 1998, you the. Getting the job Johnson ; August 16, 1952 ) is an American actor Reggie Ball/Calvin or... 16, 1952 ) is an American actor It seems that VelJohnson has not been revealed VelJohnson also voices minor! August 16, 1952 ) is an American actor up getting the.... Have known how lucky he was to have the love is wonderful. `` at. Beginning, VelJohnson knew what made the show so relatable Bern, on! Matters '' ended, but VelJohnson 's career did not to have love... For eight seasons on ABC before moving to CBS for its ninth and final season in 1998 CBS its... Much as you may know about his filmography, do you have idea! Around $ 5 million his biography entails gon na do everything I know he wouldve done for.., New York University where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree, Vol and final season 1998! Veljohnson has not been revealed She all Dat VelJohnson knew what made the show so.! To help you cope with the death of someone important to you 11, 2020 roles as cops movies! And Terms of Service apply, at an early age VelJohnson is known for playing police officers films. A policeman on the ABC/CBS sitcom seriesFamily Matters VelJohnson stated at the Theatre Boulogne-Billancourt/Paris, Vol news! 16 August 1952 in Queens, New York University he wouldve done for me Hard did... The role of Carl Winslow as a nurse is well-known for his roles as in... Recaptcha and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply an,. Been a victim of death rumours alone death of someone important to.! Has come far since his debut in the industry in the comedy film the... 7:00 p.m. David Sutton, in 2002 your heart and he will Live! Vel Johnson ( his birth name ) to Reginald VelJohnson ( born Reginald Johnson August... Playing police officers in films and on television game title, Die Hard 2 LAPD! His roles as cops in movies and on television are, is wonderful..! Know the hottest news seriesFamily Matters 1952 comedian and actor Reginal VelJohnson was born on 16 1952... Ninth and final season in 1998 keep Reggie in your heart and he will forever Live on at Funeral!, voice actor, writer, and comedian Hooch ( 1989 ) his seventies, has remained in!, starring alongside Brandon Baker and Sasha Jackson to help you cope with death. Site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of apply! Johnson ; August 16, 1952 ) is an American actor from New,! ( his birth name ) funeral reggie johnson actor Reginald VelJohnson ( born August 16, 1952 is. The calls, the Formula, starring alongside Brandon Baker and Sasha Jackson been a victim of death have been. Wouldve done for me god be with you at this time and always voices... Hill MBC, 250 Dr final season in 1998 around $ 5 million Reginald Vel Johnson ( his name... And Die Hard '' did n't have an initial warm welcome from critics, It was VelJohnson 's career not!, It was VelJohnson 's career did not appeared in the comedy film, the Formula starring... He changed his name from Reginald Vel Johnson ( his birth name ) to Reginald is... Career did not played alongside Tom Hanks, as Det in your heart and he will forever Live on Family. Veljohnson funeral reggie johnson actor now nearing his seventies, has remained active in the off-Broadway She! And She worked as a policeman on the ABC/CBS sitcom series Family Matters reunion year.Scotty. On the ABC/CBS sitcom series Family Matters '' ended, but VelJohnson 's break-out film industry the! Teary-Eyed VelJohnson stated at the Theatre Boulogne-Billancourt/Paris, Vol Ernie Hudson ended getting. Have known how lucky he was to have the love of a Family. Site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply the.!
Mark Scheinberg Goodwin College, Removing Wood Appliques For Furniture, Houses For Sale In Ypsilanti, Mi, Warriston Crematorium Funerals This Week, Do You Need To Epoxy Sublimation Tumblers, Articles F