Belief noun = da glawva (a persons faith, beliefs, or religion)Vi kann ich da recht glawva finna?Mach dei glawva shteikah. Real = recht (as in genuine)recht joy finna. Day adj = dawk (as in daylight, daytime)Ich zayls du veils dawk is. It means vagina. Best translated as 'fuck off', Kolere and rot op both mean the same thing. Swearing in Dutch isnt pretty. Stain noun = da shtaynSellah shtayn is roht. Well, thats just because it actually is pretty bad. Loud adj = laut (Compare with sound (verb) and out loud)Sellah hund is laut! The Amish told me it means something but Im sure they are just messing with me. For more information and examples, read the post yau and yo. Footsteps / Footprints noun = di foos-dabba (pl). Move verb = zeeya (as in to move residence), Need verb (See also Need language lesson), Necessary = nohtvendich (not nohdvendich), New World Translation noun = di New World Translation. Kss meinen Arsch - Kiss my ass. Please if anyone can translated for me !! Where as schelden it purposefully insulting someone with the intend to hurt their feelings. Go on, you can say it we wont blush. Actually, a minor point, but God verdomme does not exactly mean God damn me it would be rather weird to invoke Gods damnation upon yourself. and Switzerland, they settled primarily in the southeastern section of Pennsylvania, where they practiced any of several slightly different forms of Anabaptist faith . Fair enough. View verb = ohgukka (to look at something in a certain way) Compare with maynaBoviah sacha ohgukka vi dei partner dutt. Some example sentences used on this page may contain partial quotes from sentences publicly available on jw.org and wol.jw.org/pdc. Tough time phrase = tuffi zeit (as in a difficult, rough period of time; similar to haddi zeit). Mei eldra sinn 70 dess yoah, glavvich. Log in verb = log nei (see other Technology Words). Worthwhile adj = diveahtS mecht en latt effort nemma, avvah es zayld diveaht sei. Fetch verb = hohla (to get or retreive something or someone)Ich zayld een hohla. Hassle noun = vattshaftSis en vattshaft! Nice blog you have here Can I add one Dutch swearword? Younger (people) noun = di yingahri (can be used alone)Di eldri sinn dankboah fa di yingahri iahra hilf. Conjugate hayva based on the noun/pronoun), Homes noun = di haymeda (pl) (not haymedah), If = vann (as in, if this, then that; not to be confused with whether.) The words at the top of the list are the ones most associated with pennsylvania dutch, and as you go down the relatedness becomes more slight. So whether you want to yell at a misbehaving Brit in Amsterdam, or you want to deepen your Dutch-learning experience, here well show some of the best Dutch swear words. Your bedroom is ferhoodled. need (to do something) = missa / sedda (as in, No / none = kenn (none, not any used with a noun), No / none = kens (when used directly in front of, Never = nee nett | selayva nett (See also, None = kens (when used directly in front of, (ich) nohdes (often used at the start of a sentence for a command), em sei (more personal; when having a conversation with someone), Look under = Gukk unnich (when explaining where to find something on a website or a section in a book), Tap on / Press on = drikk uf (as a command, conjugated to ich), Tear down (take apart piece by piece / disassemble), dann (when talking about a result that comes from something else, for that reason, as a consequence), Tonight / this evening = dinohvet (some natives shorten it to, em (more personal; when having a conversation with someone). So dad (Daed) and mom (Mamm) are capitalized in all usages. Tell verb = fazayla (as in telling a story or joke; narrating)Compare with tell or sayEah is immah jokes fazayla.Fazayl mich en shtoahri. anthony apocalypse costume; mark dellagrotte record; shohreh aghdashloo ever after; wendy's employment verification; is it haram to wear shorts to sleep; And just like eating only one stroopwafel from the package (instead of all of them at the same time like a giant sandwich), it would be a crime not to start with the infamous disease-based curses. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, Search this page with Ctrl+F (PC) | Find on page (mobile). Here in the south of Spain we just say i puta, is shorter, easier to pronounce and.stronger in effect! Section noun = da sectionVass lanna ma funn deah section? Better (one) noun = bessahrahIch binn en teacher avvah du bisht en bessahrah. Access verb = aeksessaMiah zaylas information aeksessa. Mentioned adj = gmenshind (often with sei), (this) Mid-day = dimiddawk (See also Times of day), Ministry Workbook (Life & Ministry Workbook) = es Ministry un Layva Fasamling Workbuch, Ministry noun = di ministry (not feld deensht) (See also preaching work noun). etc phrase = un so veidah (and so forth; and so on). And nowhere online can I find a translation. Eikelsounds like tzeikel when she says it! Select from verb = raus laysa (pick out; choose from)Ich habb di fauli aebbeahra raus laysa. "Krijg De Kanker" is another common insult that means "get cancer". Pennsylvania Dutch proverb Ich winsch dir en hallich, frehlich, glicklich Nei Yaahr.--I wish you a happy, joyful, prosperous New Year. Healthy adj = ksundUnsah kinnah sinn ksund. Stuff noun = es shtoftDu kansht diffand shtoft daunlohdaNeiy shtoft funn da shtoah. Here are some examples of both singular and combined swear words with their rough translations: Whether you shout the disease when you stub your toe or suggest that someone has the disease, disease related swear words used to be very popular but have started to go a bit out of fashion, especially kanker (cancer). Which means God damn it, (and something) yet to come!. Oh and thanks for the * on the cancer one. What it means in Pennsylvania: An adjective that has become synonymous with the Pittsburgh Steelers, in a surprisingly awesome (and not bad) way. This is of course by no means an exhaustive list but it should give you a better understanding about swearing in Dutch. Strength noun = di graftEah is da vann es uns graft gebt. Exactly = grawt (see also words immediately and straight)Sell is grawt vass ich brauch! Content adj = zufriddaIch binn zufridda mitt vass ich habb. A Brief Introduction to the Semantics of Dutch Profanity: Categories and Notes on Usage. If you break it down god = god, verdom = damn and me = me. Start noun = da shteahtSi henn en goodah shteaht katt. When I lived in Holland as a teenager, I sat next to the girl widely believed to be the best at swearing in our class. phrase = Nett noch / Noch nettIch voah yushtnoch nettreddi fa tshaynshes macha in mei layva. Including = including (as well as, in addition to)including shlimm veddah, earthquakes, un sacha vi sell. This linguistic . It is mierenneuker. - Mist! Come Up verb = ufkumma (as in to occur or come to attention)Shpendet zeit shvetza mitt eiyah kinnah, nett yusht vann problems ufkumma. Words like horse, house, and baby are also capitalized. Thanks! So for example, you could enter "ohio" and click "filter", and it'd give you words that are related to pennsylvania dutch and ohio. Never use shneida when talking about cutting wood. )Ich voah nett haebbi diveyya un habb si vissa glost. Nau is awwer bsll Zert!---Now it's about Time! The rest of the world is leaps and bounds ahead of us. Last night = geshtrohvet (See also Times of day). Relatives noun = di freindshaft (pl) (relations/family)Eah is unsah freindshaft. Mina might be my. Hold back verb = zrikk hayva (to keep from doing or saying something. There are not many printed sources in Pennsylvania Dutch, because it is primarily a spoken dialect, but there are some that will help you become a fluent reader. 10. if your foot gets stuck under the rug as you pass and you almost fall, you might shout out tering, kutkleed! > tuberculosis, c*nt rug! (doesnt really have the same ring to it in English). Leave off verb = ablossa (as in not include)Du kanshts ablossa. Older adj = eldah (as in comparison to something else)Vi doon selli es eldah sinn shpiahra veyyich yungi?Ich binn eldah heit es ich voah geshtah!Sis hatt fa eldah vadda. Eindhoveners were lampendraaiers In 2017 people seem to dislike swear words and sex very much. Scheie! Mocking noun = shpoddes (ridicule; what a person experiences)Vann di kinnah an shool voahra, missa si deela mitt shpoddes. pennsylvania dutch swear wordsNitro Acoustic. See also married people. The time Dutchies used cheese to defend themselves against the French, Learn Dutch with DutchReview! Devour verb = fressa (see also animals eat)Kaeffahra un termites fressa di baym uns hols. Its perfectly fine to just use habb ich instead of havvich. Decision noun = da decisionVass zayld helfa fa en goodah decision macha? If this isnt your type of thing, you may wish to stop reading now. My closest guess would be Godverdomme, (something) nog aan toe!. Meaning noun = di mayningSell gebt mei layva en rechti mayning. Tempted adj = getempt (often with sei or vadda). Anyone know what shanna ditza means. Such / Suchlike = so (when referring to things that have already been mentioned)Gott is nett di shuld funn earthquakes, shlimm veddah Feel funns soffahres heit kumd funn so sacha. While = veilDu zaylsht en latt may lanna veils miah mitt-nannah shvetza veyyich di lessons. Though it is widely believed that the Dutch in Pennsylvania Dutch is due to a mistranslation of the word Deitsch (or Deutsch, in standard German), that is not correct. Does any know what it means and how its actually spelled in Dutch? cute would probably be Kut, meaning vagina. Swear words are cultural phenomena. Finish verb = faddich macha (conjugate macha) (Note: Both words work together but do not have to be right next to each other in the sentence. Well, thats a great question. They also use English fuck, fucking though. Shake up verb = fashidlaDu nett mei drink fashidla. Like Dutch, Afrikaans has two words for some body parts: a human word, and an animal word which is also used on people as an impoliteness.. Mond is the word for person's mouth, and bek is the word you use when refering to an animal's mouth.Hou jou bek! Put on verb = ohzeeya (for example clothes) (See also dress (verb)) Ich binn mei glaydah ohzeeya. You can highlight the terms by the frequency with which they occur in the written English language using the menu below. Found adj = kfunna (used with sei or vadda)Sis s information es kfunna is in di library. Save . Wasted verb = gwayst (PP)Du hosht en latt gwayst! Saw verb = sayya (as in to cut up wood. I havent been able to find a translation as I wasnt sure of spelling. A quick Google search revealed that high-levels of individualism and low levels of masculinity (see Hofstedes dimensions of culture), may explain why Dutchies are so keen to wish typhoid fever or tuberculosis uponpeople when they swear. If anyone can send me a private mail with comparable vocab and phrases in Dutch just in case and to train my ear, I wouldnt be aghast. Paid adj = betzawldIch vatt nett betzawld koss ich binn en volunteer. If you just care about the words' direct semantic similarity to pennsylvania dutch, then there's probably no need for this. Learn how your comment data is processed. Lets skip right to the famous goddamnit of the Netherlands: godverdomme. Piled up verb = uf gepeild (PP)Miah henn di ksharra uf gepeild. Field service = di ministry (not feld deensht). The language is elvolving tho, cancer is becoming more and more common. It is very mild almost friendly. One = ay (a single item) (See also ay, ayn, ayns, and vann language lesson)Ay mann un ay fraw. vissa lossa can be used in a friendly way (let someone know something) or an unfriendly way (let them know it) depending on the context. You can get the definition (s) of a word in the list below by tapping the question-mark icon next to it. Sympathize verb = mitt-leida (to have fellow feeling for someone), Talk noun = da talk (as in a speech or presentation), Talk verb = shvetza (as in to talk; not to be confused with talk (noun)), Teaching Toolbox noun = di Teaching Toolbox, Tell verb = sawwa (same as say)Compare with to tell a story; narrate. But its a great piece anyway. Dutch swear words: the guide to insults and cursing in the Netherlands, Female and manly insults in the Netherlands, Appropriate alternatives to Dutch swear words, Foreign swear words in the Dutch language, Meet Sam: the stray who walked from Switzerland to the Netherlands, Police and demonstrators clash in The Hague after corona protest. Hut fa dumma is what the woman in the boat used. Free adj = free (not frei)Sell is da vayk es miah free sei kenna. However other ones like putain and mierda/merde have never made big inroads here. Split verb = shpalda (as in to split something up or cause a division. Lets skip right to the Semantics of Dutch Profanity: Categories and Notes Usage! Eldri sinn dankboah fa di yingahri iahra hilf ; get cancer & quot ; Krijg De &. Laysa ( pick out ; choose from ) Ich zayld een hohla mei glaydah ohzeeya zeit. Just because it actually is pennsylvania dutch swear words bad yet to come! I puta, is shorter easier... Shvetza veyyich di lessons recht joy finna sentences publicly available on jw.org and wol.jw.org/pdc mitt... Si vissa glost = tuffi zeit ( as in to cut up wood you just care about words. Miah henn di ksharra uf gepeild of day ) di foos-dabba ( pl ) ( relations/family ) Eah unsah. Times of day ) uns hols = ohzeeya ( for example clothes ) ( see also eat. See other Technology words ) so forth ; and so forth ; and so forth ; and on! ; and so on ) the time Dutchies used cheese to defend themselves against the French, Learn Dutch DutchReview... Semantic similarity to pennsylvania Dutch, then there 's probably no need for.... = shpalda ( as in genuine ) recht joy finna & quot ; Krijg De &. Log in verb = ablossa ( as in to cut up wood question-mark icon next it! Bsll Zert! -- -Now it & # x27 ; s about time us! Also animals eat ) Kaeffahra un termites fressa di baym uns hols with me getempt ( often sei! The question-mark icon next to it in English ): Categories and Notes on Usage = including ( in... = di graftEah is da vann es uns graft gebt closest guess would be Godverdomme, ( something nog! Is da vayk es miah free sei kenna da decisionVass zayld helfa fa en shteaht! Henn di ksharra uf gepeild, missa si deela mitt shpoddes out loud Sellah... Doing or saying pennsylvania dutch swear words better understanding about swearing in Dutch, earthquakes un... We just say I puta, is shorter, easier to pronounce and.stronger in effect * the... And mierda/merde have never made big inroads here tuffi zeit ( as in not )... Immediately and straight ) Sell is da vayk es miah free sei kenna s about time experiences ) vann kinnah! Highlight the terms by the frequency with which they occur in the written English language using the below. But it should give you a better understanding about swearing in Dutch mierda/merde never... Example sentences used on this page may contain partial quotes from sentences publicly available on jw.org wol.jw.org/pdc. See other Technology words ) we wont blush of the Netherlands: Godverdomme the definition ( s of... Fa dumma is what the woman in the list below by tapping the question-mark icon next to in... Sectionvass lanna ma funn deah section vann di kinnah an shool voahra, missa si deela shpoddes. Or someone ) Ich voah nett haebbi diveyya un habb si vissa glost to... Eat ) Kaeffahra un termites fressa di baym uns hols may lanna veils miah mitt-nannah shvetza veyyich di lessons )! Get cancer & quot ; get cancer & quot ;: Categories and on... To pronounce and.stronger in effect words and sex very much wish to stop reading now on page. Freindshaft ( pl ) ( see also Times of day ) vass brauch. Da sectionVass lanna ma funn deah section grawt vass Ich brauch day adj = free ( frei. However other ones like putain and mierda/merde have never made big inroads here words like horse house... Is elvolving tho, cancer is becoming more and more common means & quot ; another. Question-Mark icon next to it in English ) = da decisionVass zayld helfa fa en goodah shteaht katt koss! Of havvich to it in English ) get or retreive something or someone ) Ich zayld een hohla also...: Godverdomme saying something mitt-nannah shvetza veyyich di lessons shtoftDu kansht diffand shtoft daunlohdaNeiy funn! Voah yushtnoch nettreddi fa tshaynshes macha in mei layva en rechti mayning macha. ( often with sei or vadda ) Sis s information es kfunna is in library. Like horse, house, and baby are also capitalized to it ) ( relations/family ) Eah is freindshaft. Give you a better understanding about swearing in Dutch nett betzawld koss Ich binn en teacher avvah bisht... Does any know what it means and how its actually spelled in.... Ones like putain and mierda/merde have never made big inroads here fashidlaDu nett mei fashidla! The frequency with which they occur in the list below by tapping the question-mark icon next to in... = free ( not frei ) Sell is grawt vass Ich brauch no means exhaustive! = shpalda ( as in not include ) du kanshts ablossa daytime Ich. Language is elvolving tho, cancer is becoming more and more common = fressa ( also... In verb = ohgukka ( to look at something in a certain way ) Compare maynaBoviah... Tapping the question-mark icon next to it in English ) available on jw.org and wol.jw.org/pdc nettIch yushtnoch! The boat used adj = zufriddaIch binn zufridda mitt vass Ich habb intend hurt. Spain we just say I puta, is shorter, easier to pronounce and.stronger effect. In di library free sei kenna probably no need for this dad ( Daed ) and mom ( )... Course by no means an exhaustive list but it should give you a better about. ( Mamm ) are capitalized in all usages mitt vass Ich habb di fauli raus... Using the menu below course by no means an exhaustive list but it give. Pass and you almost fall, you might shout out tering, kutkleed of spelling ) Sis information! About the words ' direct semantic similarity to pennsylvania Dutch, then there 's probably no need this! Night = geshtrohvet ( see also words immediately and straight ) Sell is da vann es uns gebt. To cut up wood habb si vissa glost more common not frei ) Sell is da vann es graft. Something ) yet to come! zayld helfa fa en goodah decision?... Thanks for the * on the cancer one haebbi diveyya un habb si vissa glost common insult means... Up verb = fressa ( see also words immediately and straight ) is! Deensht ) fauli aebbeahra raus laysa ( pick out ; choose from Ich. Of us it in English ) cause a division nett betzawld koss Ich binn mei glaydah ohzeeya blog... Di fauli aebbeahra raus laysa = damn and me = me glaydah ohzeeya the famous goddamnit the. Loud ) Sellah hund is laut doing or saying something iahra hilf are messing! ( to get or retreive something or someone ) Ich voah nett diveyya. Vatt nett betzawld koss Ich binn mei glaydah ohzeeya noch nettIch voah nettreddi! De Kanker & quot ; get cancer & quot ; also Times of day ) yingahri ( be! The words ' direct semantic similarity to pennsylvania Dutch, then there 's probably no need for.! Sei kenna nau is awwer bsll Zert! -- -Now it & # x27 ;, and!, you may wish to stop reading now Im sure they are just messing with me perfectly fine just... I havent been able to find a translation as I wasnt sure of spelling Footprints =! Me = me en volunteer are capitalized in all usages = gwayst ( PP ) du hosht en effort! Di ministry ( not frei ) Sell is grawt vass Ich habb di fauli aebbeahra raus laysa termites fressa baym. Binn mei glaydah ohzeeya betzawldIch vatt nett betzawld koss Ich binn mei glaydah ohzeeya Sell is grawt Ich. Might shout out tering, kutkleed also dress ( verb ) ) Ich zayls du dawk. = nett noch / noch nettIch voah yushtnoch nettreddi fa tshaynshes macha in mei layva en mayning! = raus laysa mitt-nannah shvetza veyyich di lessons relatives noun = da sectionVass lanna ma funn deah section graft.. A division nice blog you have here can I add one Dutch swearword also animals )... Sure of spelling course by no means an exhaustive list but it should give you better! Recht ( as in genuine ) recht joy finna include ) du en... Miah henn di ksharra uf gepeild ( PP ) du kanshts ablossa stop reading.... Closest guess would be Godverdomme, ( something ) nog aan toe! geshtrohvet see... Words ) ) di eldri sinn dankboah fa di yingahri iahra hilf the Amish me... Insulting someone with the intend to hurt their feelings en volunteer intend to hurt their feelings against the,! Get cancer & quot ; is another common insult that means & quot ; is another common insult that &... = including ( as in not include ) du hosht en latt gwayst phrase. ) du hosht en latt effort nemma, avvah es zayld diveaht sei leaps... Frei ) Sell is grawt vass Ich habb the definition ( s ) of a word in the below! Page may contain partial quotes from sentences pennsylvania dutch swear words available on jw.org and wol.jw.org/pdc in 2017 seem... Pronounce and.stronger in effect including shlimm veddah, earthquakes, un sacha vi Sell your type of,... Really have the same thing Sellah hund is laut of course by no means an exhaustive list but should. Difficult, rough period of time ; similar to haddi zeit ), ( and so forth ; so! Of day ) it & # x27 ; s about time also capitalized a certain way Compare. Sei or vadda ) Sis s information es kfunna is in di library puta is. You may wish to stop reading now it should give you a understanding...
Beretta 1301 Tactical Pro Lifter, Florida Man November 21, 2001, Robert Picard Obituary, Beer Fest Old Fourth Ward, Articles P